Exclude Newsgroups from Super Search and Super Leech

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

Shoulder Devil

Exclude Newsgroups from Super Search and Super Leech

Post by Shoulder Devil » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 am

I have seen this request for Super Search, but it would be helpful to be able to exclude newsgroups from both the super search and super leech services. I have a pretty extensive collection of super leech entries that I download on a regular basis. Recently, super leech has been downloading many files from alt.binaries.innner-sanctum and every single file downloaded, without exception, has CRC errors in the RAR and PAR files and cannot be repaired. Since my super leech entries are setup to only download one instance of a given episode, it does not go back to download a good copy after downloading the CRC error filled copy. The ability to block or ignore results from a.b.inner-sanctum and a.b.mom would go a long way toward resolving the problems that I encounter all-to-often.

Ardel

Re: Exclude Newsgroups from Super Search and Super Leech

Post by Ardel » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Shoulder Devil wrote:I have seen this request for Super Search, but it would be helpful to be able to exclude newsgroups from both the super search and super leech services. I have a pretty extensive collection of super leech entries that I download on a regular basis. Recently, super leech has been downloading many files from alt.binaries.innner-sanctum and every single file downloaded, without exception, has CRC errors in the RAR and PAR files and cannot be repaired. Since my super leech entries are setup to only download one instance of a given episode, it does not go back to download a good copy after downloading the CRC error filled copy. The ability to block or ignore results from a.b.inner-sanctum and a.b.mom would go a long way toward resolving the problems that I encounter all-to-often.

Great idea, the same thought to mind, hence me coming to the forum to search about the group and it's associated downside and if there was already a way to ignore certain groups.

While typing and looking at the visual pattern of that specific group's title pattern, it seems it should be possible to ignore posts, maybe not all but at least a good bunch; Using the same reverse filtering in SuperSearch, you can add in your search terms "-newz", after a quick test myself it does ignore all with the -newz term :D

hopefully this might help declutter till we see an option to ignore specific groups.

Netwizard

Post by Netwizard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:52 pm

+1 Here

If Booleans could exist under Optional Misc. Filters on the Advanced Searching page that would be perfect. For example -anime would be perfect for me.

Thanks for a great product!

lost-pw-and-username

Post by lost-pw-and-username » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 am

What fantastic ideas. Seems you thought a lot about how you use this program and how best it could be modified to suit your needs and the needs of others who may not have taken the time to post here.

While your opinion is valued, nothing will be done to fix anything you've suggested here.

Keep paying for your sub though! ^_^

kevinhart13

Post by kevinhart13 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Get the latest update on Motogp live streaming match Calender 2018 schedules, date and timing and more information atmotogp race highlights

CadenMcdonald

Post by CadenMcdonald » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:45 pm

thank you for sharing the information regarding super search.