ALL zero-block par2 files downloaded right away

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.

Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
thany

ALL zero-block par2 files downloaded right away

Post by thany » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:07 pm

When R&E is enabled, there's no choice but to have NL download all zero-block par2 files right away, as soon as they appear in the queue, whether on top or at the end. This is highly undesireable, because it makes R&E extremely slow once a certain large number of parsets have been added. It should just download them whenever it encounters them in the queue, respecting its order like every other article in the queue.

I'd call this a bug, or a regression at the very least. In Newsleecher 4.0 this was never a problem - there was an option to enable this strange behaviour, and I had this disabled. So at the utmost minimum, the regression is the removal of this switch, and NL bahving undesirably in this regard.

Please fix this problem - have ALL files/articles download in queued order. Or bring back the switch to control whether to download zero-block pars sooner or not.

I have identified this problem in NL 7.0 b10, but as I'm not seeing anything about this in the changelogs, I should assume the problem still exists.
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: ALL zero-block par2 files downloaded right away

Post by Spiril » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:55 am

Untoggle : Settings -> "Repair / Extract" -> "Auto PAR2 Queue Handling"
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

thany

Re: ALL zero-block par2 files downloaded right away

Post by thany » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 am

That disables RnE queue handling completely. It doesn't just only download files in the order that I put them in.

Look, a queue is a queue because it has a specific order. That's why we call it a queue. IRL, people get angry when you jump a queue, because a queue is made to follow an order. Just saying.
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working