ss not working

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
harrydej2

ss not working

Post by harrydej2 »

i get :

07:53:57 * SS Connect Port : 443
07:53:57 * SS Connect IP : 136.243.76.160
07:53:57 * SS Connect Error : Connection timed out

deos555

Re: ss not working

Post by deos555 »

Same here: For at least the last 3 hours its been down

nurbles

Post by nurbles »

It bothers me that the status page reports server status "OK" but 0% usage for the past 8 hours or so in the graphs below. To me, 0% usage for more than a few minutes would ABSOLUTELY be an indication that the system is having issues. Remember, "the system" includes everything from the computer(s) where SS lives to the point where we can see it from the internet. If any part of that path is broken, "the system" is NOT OK.

bbavel@gmail.com

Post by bbavel@gmail.com »

I'm down too for the last few hours

deos555

Post by deos555 »

To me its clear that event management and associated alerting based on system status is not currently a priority on their systems management/service management roadmap. I do hope they focus on that level and provide accurate status to their users. There are many options for consumers, so to be successful in customer service you have to look at incident / problem management through the eyes of your consumers (e.g. end to end synthetic transactions).

nurbles

Post by nurbles »

I just noticed that the past 24 hours graph actually appears to show a dip BELOW 0% right when this issue started. Since then, no SS. Probably not relevant, but odd and interesting at least.

kublai

Post by kublai »

Glad to know as I thought it was my system.

Seeker04

Post by Seeker04 »

Would be nice if Newsleecher support would post there is an issue going on, and they are working on it, so that customers know something is being done (basic 101 Customer Support). With nothing posted, customers feel the service we are paying for is being ignored.

And Newsleecher wonders why customers complain! :evil: [-X

nurbles

Post by nurbles »

The status text and graphs disagree. The usage % has risen to over 60% in the past hour, but the graphs all still show 0%.

Something is definitely messed up.

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Not working again. Worked early this morning 6am cst but nothing since. No updates on news, nothing. Maybe they only check once a day or so.

Mclaneinc

Post by Mclaneinc »

Works then stops, bloody useless...Cancelling account as it gets close to the month...Its been off more times than its been working..