Not Recognizing <Group> Parameter?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
edrudman

Not Recognizing <Group> Parameter?

Post by edrudman »

Greetings,
I just installed Beta 8.3, been using V7 for years. Can't figure out why I keep getting this error when trying to download using the <Group> parameter (see attached JPG). I have checked and my "Download Folder" parameter is "E:\Reap_Down\<Group>\" and my "Unpack Folder" is blank. If I remove the <Group> parameter, everything downloads all to the same place.

Thanks,
Ed R.
Attachments
Leecher_Group_Error.JPG
Leecher_Group_Error.JPG (25.07 KiB) Viewed 4767 times

lckscot

Re: Not Recognizing <Group> Parameter?

Post by lckscot »

Seems to be more to this than just the Group tag. In my case, I couldn't select a download folder without *typing* it into the box. I'm also seeing the error reference to the download path a bit differently, as if there's a carriage return after "E:", with the rest of the path listed below it... and with the first letter of the path truncated. The path should read "E:\news\<Group>\
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.19 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
And, finally, even removing the Group tag in the dialog box doesn't necessarily remove it from the settings. I still haven't figured out the best way to eventually convince the software I've removed the Group tag. Whatever was done, even reverting to Beta 2 won't fix it. Deleting the settings folder in the Roaming folder won't fix it, and BTW, if you do that... you can't enter your account info in B3. Reinstalling won't fix that either. Different problem, I know.....

noblemd

Post by noblemd »

Not sure if my post will be of help: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewto ... 61#p136291

Update: I temporarily inserted a <Group> modifier in my default Unpack Folder (\\TM5\T5.Current\<Group>\) and it worked - unpacked to a GROUP folder. In this test download: \\TM5\T5.Current\alt.binaries.british.drama\.

NOTE USING: v8b4 UFR 2

Here is a link: https://www.newsleecher.com/nl80004.ufr2.exe - see if it fixes your problem.

NOW AVAILABLE: https://www.newsleecher.com/nl80004.ufr4.exe
Last edited by noblemd on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 v.1909
Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.5 GHz)
DeepCool Captain 240 RGB V2, AIO Liquid CPU Cooler (Max Temp 80°C 100% load)
NL download drive: M2 2280 500 GB NVME SSD (1.2 GB/s r/w)
Synology NAS #1: 32 TB RAID 5 (5 x 8 TB Drives)
Synology NAS #2: 18 TB RAID 5 (4 x 6 TB Drives)
500 Mb/s Internet Connection (NL Avg D/L speed 55 MB/s)

Mibbler

Post by Mibbler »

lckscot wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:53 pm
I'm also seeing the error reference to the download path a bit differently, as if there's a carriage return after "E:", with the rest of the path listed below it... and with the first letter of the path truncated. The path should read "E:\news\<Group>\ Capture.JPG
Apparently it's interpreting \n as a newline command. If you change "news" to another name that doesn't start with n you'll probably still get the error message but at least it should display correctly. Provided it doesn't interpret the new starting letter as a command to do something else.
Del Mibbler

lckscot

Post by lckscot »

Believe you are correct... the input data E:\news does appear to read "\n" as an escaped newline. When changed to a different target, the error didn't show up, and the target worked straight away.... that is, after performing a new search. I guess the default folders are associated with a search when it's performed, and not a general default folder. Not exactly behavior I would expect, but it's not like I change default folders frequently.

lckscot

Post by lckscot »

Confirm that using v8b4 and the Group tag, so long as I don't use a target with the pattern "\n" in it, works.

noblemd

Re: Not Recognizing <Group> Parameter? - Fixed v8b4 release & Win10

Post by noblemd »

lckscot wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Confirm that using v8b4 and the Group tag, so long as I don't use a target with the pattern "\n" in it, works.
v8b4 Release Version

Tried unpacking test files to:

\\TM5\T5.Current\New\

and it worked without an issue.
19121501.png
19121501.png (25.86 KiB) Viewed 4459 times
And... tried unpacking test files to:

\\TM5\T5.Current\New\<Group> also tried \\TM5\T5.Current\new\<Group> (lowercase "n")

and both worked
19121502.png
19121502.png (32.6 KiB) Viewed 4459 times
19121503.png
19121503.png (30.81 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
If you still have the problem, try using "_New" or "-New" (underscore New or dash New). That would allow you to use the NEW folder without the "\n" carriage return issue.
Windows 10 v.1909

caddy55

Post by caddy55 »

I'm having the same issues, that fix did not work

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

I have both the download and unpack folders set to "C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\News\<GROUP>\" and it works perfectly for me now, except that when I go to the Explorer tab and choose the "[ Default Downloads ]" bookmark it fails as it cannot find "C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\News\<GROUP>\" - this worked perfectly with v7 and would simply show me the folder "C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\News\" which is fine, so please can v8 do the same?

Otherwise either let us hide/edit the default bookmark as it's kind of useless to me.

noblemd

Post by noblemd »

Taomyn wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:38 am
I have both the download and unpack folders set to "C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\News\<GROUP>\" and it works perfectly for me now, except that when I go to the Explorer tab and choose the "[ Default Downloads ]" bookmark it fails as it cannot find "C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\News\<GROUP>\" - this worked perfectly with v7 and would simply show me the folder "C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\News\" which is fine, so please can v8 do the same?

Otherwise either let us hide/edit the default bookmark as it's kind of useless to me.
Apparently the <Date>, <Group>, and other variables are not being recognized when clicking the "[ Default Downloads ]" folder in the Explorer Tab if included in the FOLDERS-Default Downloads-Download Folder entry. I agree, it should show the parent folder instead.

\New or \new and variables such as \<Group> do work during downloading when included in the Default Downloads-Download Folder (v8b4 +).
Windows 10 v.1909