v8b3 Downloads still getting STUCK

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
noblemd

v8b3 Downloads still getting STUCK

Post by noblemd »

v8b3 Win 10 1909

Downloads are still getting stuck mid download - usually near end of d/l 80-90%

*******************************************************************************************************

Also, the Temporarily paused while decoding downloaded data stuck d/l still occuring.

Downloads continue normally after Perform Backup and Restart
Windows 10 v.1909
Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.5 GHz)
DeepCool Captain 240 RGB V2, AIO Liquid CPU Cooler (Max Temp 80°C 100% load)
NL download drive: M2 2280 500 GB NVME SSD (1.2 GB/s r/w)
Synology NAS #1: 32 TB RAID 5 (5 x 8 TB Drives)
Synology NAS #2: 18 TB RAID 5 (4 x 6 TB Drives)
500 Mb/s Internet Connection (NL Avg D/L speed 55 MB/s)

slobster

Re: v8b3 Downloads still getting STUCK

Post by slobster »

Got to agree here, I hasten to add it is only occasionally though to me (couple of times a week), annoying when it does happen

tinus

Post by tinus »

The above, and after restarting NL usually the files will get downloaded properly

Calypso971

Post by Calypso971 »

Bug still present in v8b4. Also Win10, but 1903. This is a very, very annoying bug.

11:25:23 Decoder Thread Error : Access violation at address 00C89914 in module 'NewsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 003D6F1C
iErr : 86,422

Then it checks one of the archives and some time after that:

11:28:30 Bot(9) disconnected from server: "eu.newsleecher.com". (0)

And the rest follows. Also after that, I cannot close Newsleecher. It gives the "Preparing Closedown", and after that disappears, Newsleecher is still there. Closing again repeats the "Preparing Closedown" but nothing really happens - only killing NewsLeecher through the taskmanager gets it closed.

Happens to me the last days, and chance it happens increases with setting the download speed higher. However, downloading things at 1MB/s (when it doesn't happen that often) isn't something you want in 2019. Downloads are saved on SSD, and I've already disabled PAR decoding and unpacking.

XManJx

Post by XManJx »

Will this ever get fixed? please

BTW on Windows you should follow old instructions when this happens.

Select Toolbox > Advanced > Perform Backup
Kill process using Task Manager
Restart Newleecher

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

I very rarely got issues with downloading and/or unpacking filesets, so it's tricky for me to get it fixed.

I'll look more into it soon. Within the next few betas.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

TheSiege

Post by TheSiege »

Still getting this and other random download bugs. Makes it unusable.. i'm having to run v7 final still.

Can i suggest Spiral that you just queue up 100 random downloads of rar'd, par2'd content, and I'd be surprised if you don't run in to at least one of the issues.

TheSiege

Post by TheSiege »

Things seem to be slightly better in b4, but have had a couple of the usual Access Violation errors over the course of about 50 different sets. When this happens the R&E queue stops working until i restart the program, and it seems to happen when one of them gets to the extraction phase, and turns to "ready to extract" status. Might be worth adding some more logging around that transition so that i can provide some more useful feedback to you?

XManJx

Post by XManJx »

Still hangs at Decoding Downloaded Data
Please also bring back hot keys mnemonics. F6 use to select Toolbox for example. I can then create hotkey or mouse click to go through all the steps to initiate Perform Backup > Kill program > Restart program