V7.00 Beta 8 - Freeze when adding nzb files to donwload queue

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Argonaute

V7.00 Beta 8 - Freeze when adding nzb files to donwload queue

Post by Argonaute »

Hello, since I upgrade to Beta 10, Newsleecher freeze when news .nzb files are added to the automatic download folder and the program is downloading and repare/extract the downloaded articles.

With older version multiple pop-up windows appeared but the software continued his work, now it freeze.

baltazar

Re: V7.00 Beta 10 - Freeze when adding nzb files to donwload queue

Post by baltazar »

May I ask where you got Beta 10? The current beta version in the download section is Beta 8 as far as i can see..

bigonexeon2015

Post by bigonexeon2015 »

wheres beta 10 went to members area could only see beta 8 which is constantly crashing and very buggy

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

bigonexeon2015 wrote:wheres beta 10 went to members area could only see beta 8 which is constantly crashing and very buggy
Beta 8 is the latest, so he must have made a typo there.

If the bugs you see are not related to NZB import freezing, pls report them in another thread, so I can look into fixing them before the final.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Argonaute wrote: Newsleecher freeze when news .nzb files are added to the automatic download folder and the program is downloading and repare/extract the downloaded articles.
I cannot trigger the NZB freeze bug myself. Does it happen with any NZB file, or only specific ones ? If only specific ones, pls PM me with such an NZB.

Can you also trigger the bug if NewsLeecher isn't downloading or working with a PAR2 set at the same time ?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Argonaute

Post by Argonaute »

My appologise for the wrong version in the title of my post.

The problem is never triggered the bug when Newsleecher isn't downloading or working with PAR2 set.

Most of the time is when it has a long queue of downloads, some PAR2 set treated and when some .nzb files are put in the NZB input folder.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

I have fixed a bug that could sometimes lead to freezing / weird bugs when importing an NZB file that contained articles that were *already* present in the NewsLeecher download queue.

Not sure if it's the same bug you experience, but pls give this unofficial forum release a test run and let me know if it fixes anything for you :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70009.ufr1.exe

timwr19

Post by timwr19 »

I downloaded this version. it works most of the time but still seems to hang. looks like in the repair and extract area.

Argonaute

Post by Argonaute »

I'll try it.

timwr19

Post by timwr19 »

I'm still experiencing many problems with repair / extract on v7b9rel1. it keeps rescanning and never stops. sometimes it will extract but i have to download missing file. i will also create many .1 .2 .3 files as it re-attempts.

really love the product but its being a real pain with this release.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

timwr19 wrote:I'm still experiencing many problems with repair / extract on v7b9rel1. it keeps rescanning and never stops. sometimes it will extract but i have to download missing file. i will also create many .1 .2 .3 files as it re-attempts.

really love the product but its being a real pain with this release.
I'll look into it, but pls post a new separate bug report instead of using this thread, which is mostly about the NZB freezing bug. If there are any specific PAR sets that triggers the bug, pls PM them to me.

Argonaute

Re: V7.00 Beta 8 - Freeze when adding nzb files to donwload queue

Post by Argonaute »

Hello !

After testing it doesn't freeze anymore since I install your unofficial release. Good Job !

I see you post a Beta 9 release I'll give it a try !