nl70005 – Program Window location - Startup

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
noblemd

nl70005 – Program Window location - Startup

Post by noblemd »

This problem is not evident unless multi-monitors are being used. Even in a multi-monitor environment, the program should display messages and windows properly.

I use a multi-monitor setup. Three - 1920 x 1080 monitors. Monitors positioned as follows: #3, #2, #1 (#1 is the main desktop monitor – Touchscreen – positioned at my right side). I normally place NewsLeecher on the #3 monitor (far left monitor – left edge, top corner) .

All recent versions of NewsLeecher, including beta 7.4, opened the program window at the last location. Now, Beta 7.5 always opens the program window on the main monitor (#1) at location 0, 0 (top left corner).

Every time I open NewsLeecher, the program window has to be manually repositioned. Please reinstate the previous behavior which opened up the program at the last close location or, even better yet, create an advanced setting to specify program window startup location.

For the programmers: monitor 3 (my setup) top left corner location is -3840, 0. Negative numbers for program window position should be allowed.

Additionally, dialogues and message windows should be set to display at the center of the program window. At this time, dialogues and message windows display at various positions – sometimes on the program window monitor and sometimes at the center of main monitor. An advanced setting to specify dialogue location would be useful in this case, as well. The default dialogue and message window location should be the center of the program window – not the center of main monitor.
Last edited by noblemd on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 v.2004
Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.0 GHz)
DeepCool Captain 240 RGB V2, AIO Liquid CPU Cooler (Max Temp 75°C 100% load)
NL download drive: M2 2280 500 GB NVME SSD (2.5 GB/s r/w)
Synology NAS #1: 32 TB RAID 5 (5 x 8 TB Drives)
Synology NAS #2: 18 TB RAID 5 (4 x 6 TB Drives)
500 Mb/s Internet Connection (NL Avg D/L speed 55 MB/s)

djkrysr

Re: nl70005 – Program Window location - Startup

Post by djkrysr »

Hi
Same problem here, I usually run Newsleecher on monitor #2, & it has always opened up maximized on that window fine until now.
Now it opens up windowed on monitor #1 no matter what I do, not a massive problem but a bit annoying.

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

Same on my rig. NL 7 b4 remembered it's position when I started NL on my 2nd monitor.
NL 7 b5 Always opens on my 1st monitor.
Fix please.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

This test release should fix the problem :
http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70006.ufr5.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

fixed! tyvm :)