R&E Beta 4 - Double Extraction

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
rodh

R&E Beta 4 - Double Extraction

Post by rodh »

I just watched as R&E Extracted a file, then when I glanced up, it was extracting it again...

The screen showed

Size Act. 6,101,418KB
Size Exp. 3,050,709KB
Blocks 8,137 of 8,137

In a window, I selected all files for that set, and they added up to 2.9Gb

There was only one copy in the extracted folder, which is correct...

rodh

Re: R&E Beta 4 - Double Extraction

Post by rodh »

Another one...

Extracted twice
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (20.47 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (4.29 KiB) Viewed 6897 times

tinus

Post by tinus »

As I just posted in another topic:

I got the impression that there's also something wrong when it actually is extracting something and at the same time another item is added to the DL queue. When the par file is noticed is the R&E tab, the extracting seems to stop and jumps back to ready to extract. The latest addition to the queue gets the Initializing [ 2 ] status and then everything seems to freeze up. But eventually everything picks up again.

I'm not sure if the extracting actually stops and begins all over, or that it will go on where it was, or maybe in the background the extracting continues (at a slow rate). The file(s) are locked by NL however (when trying to delete) so something still has a hook into the extracting files

Update: I monitored it and in the background the extracting still goes on. The R&E status remains green with status ready to extract.

Update 2: it seems that after completing the extraction, it starts again. Now with the % counting working. The original extracted files are still there so they probably are overwritten. It also looks to me that this is the trigger that makes the last added entry in the R&E list getting the error "unable to copy/move file. The system cannot find the specified file". Refreshing that par file gives the (incorrect) "finished" status.

And the biggest problem, when it starts extracting for the second time and you add another item to the queue, the whole thing starts all over again

oleroc

Post by oleroc »

I am seeing the exact same behavior.
every 3rd or 4th entry in the que, will get status "unable to Copy/move file".
Greetings World

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

I've seen the double extraction. Watched it happen in real-time. Bizarre.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

This is crazy - I just had a 9gb download that somehow ended up with an "actual size" of 36gb, and NewsLeecher proceeded to go through and extract everything *four times*!

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 »

Yeah, I've had the double extraction bug happen to me too. I've also been experiencing sets that extract fine but newsleecher reports it was unable to extract them.

ERROR (Unable to copy/move file. Returned Error "The system cannot find the file specified".)

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

I have worked a bit on the PAR2 handling code and fixed a few bugs.

Pls try this unofficial test release and see if it fixes the issues you are seeing :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70005.ufr5.exe

Btw, this test release uses some new file formats, so I'd recommend emptying the dl queue or backing up your NL queue / groups before installing.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

rodh

Post by rodh »

Sorry, I sorta gave up on coming back to the forum looking for fixes/responses, so I just noticed this now. I hope some others managed to test it. I'm probably going to wait now till I see what bugs others are reporting, NewsLeecher has been getting buggier and buggier lately, and for the mound of downloading I do with it, it's taking a lot of my time just managing it, I've run NL for years, never had this much "manual intervention" needed, and can't afford for it t get any worse... So far, it's not looking good according to reports in the forum :(