Version 3.8 Beta 8 (T3)

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
gjrhine

Version 3.8 Beta 8 (T3)

Post by gjrhine »

Starting Newsleecher with a NZB I get -

Error
Cannot parse command line switch...

Reason
That specific switch isn't recognized by NewsLeecher
Gary

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

If you are referring to this problem then you probably should do what I've posted down there and modify the registry to use your new folder with the settings. NL will load when you open an NZB file if it isn't running with the default folder location, as if you didn't set the command line switch. Modify the registry the way I describe and it should work just fine again.

Note: I didn't test this method because I don't use this version, but there shouldn't be any problem.

ps: happy new year :).

dogfood

Post by dogfood »

I am getting this error and have the default folder locations. I am only getting this error with the new beta 8 release.

fifty_rocks

Post by fifty_rocks »

Me too.. get the "cannot parse" error, but only with B8. Worked fine with B6.

The image preview black rectangle bug is fixed in B8, but.... back to B6 for now.

[Update] Even though I get the "cannot parse" alert, B8 still actually processes the nzb file and marks the appropriate items for downloading.

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

Yeah way to go - %APPDATA% doesn't exist under XP which is why it's all fckd up!

As I recall, beta testing should never involve new ideas/functions, that's for alpha testing. Beta testing is for fixing bugs in the current function set.

And yes, why all the Vista nonsense now!

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

BTW. I have set my two folders to:

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\NewsLeecher (my settings all came back - phew!) (well most did anyway).

and

E:\Downloads\NewsLeecher\Temp\
(this should speed things up for me, at least prevent NL bringing my pc to a halt when moving files from temp area (which was on C) to the final folder (on E). Thanks for this option.)

It's unforgiveable though that you neglected to put browse buttons in the dialogue - very sloppy.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 »

Time to go back to Beta 7.

Hahaiah

Post by Hahaiah »

Exact same problem here...

These are BETAS though right ? How unforgiving we are sometimes ...

Ok, now hurry up and fix it ... lol

jrh

Post by jrh »

fifty_rocks wrote: The image preview black rectangle bug is fixed in B8, but.... back to B6 for now.
The black rectangle bug was still there for me in B8, so I went back to B6.

lininjim

Post by lininjim »

gjrhine I get exactly the same error with Beta 8, I've gone back to beta 7. sasquatch your fix doesn't help with this (but I thank you for the suggestion).

toiletduk

Post by toiletduk »

Taomyn wrote:Yeah way to go - %APPDATA% doesn't exist under XP which is why it's all fckd up!

As I recall, beta testing should never involve new ideas/functions, that's for alpha testing. Beta testing is for fixing bugs in the current function set.

And yes, why all the Vista nonsense now!
%appdata% works for me in XP SP2. It hits my Application Data dir under my profile.

As for the commandline thing, I get it when launching NL from a NZB, and when loading one after NL is already started up (from explorer/ie/commandline).

Magic

Post by Magic »

Spiril will come with a fix for this, something with hangovers and new years evenings it was ;)
Back in business!

vincelw

Re: cannot parse error

Post by vincelw »

Same here... any news yet?