Add password field in "Leech ( Specify )" dialog

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
sinner

Add password field in "Leech ( Specify )" dialog

Post by sinner »

As a lot of downloads are passworded nowadays we need so select the download (in supersearch or articles tab) then switch to S&E and enter the password there then switch back... and so on.

It would make sense to be able to enter a new password in the "Leech ( Specify )" dialog that is then automatically added to the password manager.

Please consider this, it would save a lot of time.
Thanks.

HisShadow

Post by HisShadow »

I was here to drop this on the Wishlist and see that you actually do this.

Hundreds of times "leech specify first / switch to R&E / klick Archive Password
Manager / klick ADD / paste Password / klick OK / klick again OK / Switch
back to SuperSearch - makes me dumb over the last year..... #-o

Please do this Newsleecher Coders. It would make the handling of Newsleecher for al lot of people much easier. [-o<

THX!

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

I have been working on implementing that functionality, some time ago. I have just polished it up and compiled an unofficial forum test release. Let me know what you think :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl65002.uft4.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

HisShadow

Post by HisShadow »

No changes in NL with me. It's all remained the same as in version 6.5 Beta 1. Eventual I've overlooked it. Where exactly should the change be the Passwordmanager?

And no, I did not use Ubuntu with WINE, but Windows 7 for the test...

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

I've just re-implemented the way used to quickly add passwords to the password mgr.

Check the "Alt+M" keyboard shortcut in this unoffical test release :
http://www.newsleecher.com/nl65003.ufr1.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.