Repair & Extract - Ignore "junk" files.

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

Would this feature be useful to you?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

Quaraxkad

Repair & Extract - Ignore "junk" files.

Post by Quaraxkad » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 am

I'd like a feature where I could instruct R&E to ignore certain file types while verifying a set before beginning a Repair operation. If a set has been verified and the source files are not 100% complete, and if the blocks it needs are only to repair (for example) an SFV file (file types should be configurable), don't bother repairing the set, just extract it. This can be extremely beneficial in the case of a very large multi-gigabyte file set, where repair of even one part will take an excessively long time when it's not even necessary to do so in the first place.

Additionally/alternatively, it could cleanup/delete these files after extraction. I don't need/want any SRR, SFV, NZB, etc. As far as I'm concerned, these are all entirely useless to me, and deleting them manually is nothing but a hassle. I'd like R&E to delete them.

front243

Post by front243 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:02 am

I would like the cleanup feature. I also happen to use Sabnzbd occasionally and it has a cleanup list where I enter extensions of files it should delete after extraction.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

That functionality is on the to-do list for NewsLeecher V6.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

rnpvenom

Post by rnpvenom » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Is this feature still on the plan? It would be great to have, as there are always some files in my archives that I immediately have to go delete. It would make housekeeping much more slick.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:12 pm

We have now implemented a "Repair & Extract" cleanup feature into NewsLeecher.

If you'd like to check it out before the official release, download ...

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl65007ufr1.exe

... and set it up at " Settings -> Repair / Extract -> When Done ... "

Let me know if you find any bugs with the cleanup function!
:)
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

fartoogone

Post by fartoogone » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:58 am

Spiril wrote:We have now implemented a "Repair & Extract" cleanup feature into NewsLeecher.

If you'd like to check it out before the official release, download ...

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl65007ufr1.exe

... and set it up at " Settings -> Repair / Extract -> When Done ... "

Let me know if you find any bugs with the cleanup function!
:)
So, I tried this build out last night, and it was working great (didn't see any issues, and it cleaned up the extra files).. However, today, NewsLeecher just isn't working with this build when I go to download from SuperSearch. What happens is that I can search effectively, but when I go to add to the queue, I get an error message that says:

"The email address that you have registered NewsLeecher with, 1406098426, is not found in our database. Make sure you have registered NewsLeecher with the same email address, as the email address you have active in the NewsLeecher members area."

I've removed and re-added the license from Toolbox -> License Settings, and if I go back to the last 'public' beta, my email address is working fine with that build... Not sure what's going on there??

Xmantium

Re: Repair & Extract - Ignore "junk" files.

Post by Xmantium » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Is there a chance of getting more scope of what files to delete, this sceenshot is a perfect example if NL had this - Image

Also would like, proof.jpg added to this list

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 am

I see the cleanup feature has still not made it into the released finals or betas (it's in beta 7 I assume?). It's not really what my primary suggestion was anyway. (Summary: If the only bad block on verify is (for example) an SFV or SRR, skip the repair and just extract it)

Is this still on the roadmap?

tvgeloof

Post by tvgeloof » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:36 am

I really like this feature myself.
In fact I came to the forum to request it and saw that Quaraxkad beat me to it :D

I encounter a lot of cases where the poster "forgets" to upload the NFO file, but it is part of the fileset in the PAR2.
So Newsleecher starts a lenghtly repair.
Especially on a low performance download machine (Atom, Celeron, i3 or a laptop cpu) this is very time consuming and the R&E can make the PC unusable for anything else while it is running.
To add insult to injury: When you extract the contained RAR, ZIP or 7Z file the NFO turns out to be included INSIDE the archive...

Code: Select all

"Don't bother to repair, just extract, if the only files missing/damaged are of type:"  NFO, SFV, TXT, SRR, SRT 
Please add something like this to the "Advanced Nerdy Tweaks".
It would be really nice for V7 !
Be nice..... We were all newbies once.......

mvd

Post by mvd » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:54 pm

tvgeloof wrote:

Code: Select all

"Don't bother to repair, just extract, if the only files missing/damaged are of type:"  NFO, SFV, TXT, SRR, SRT 
Please add something like this to the "Advanced Nerdy Tweaks".
It would be really nice for V7 !
Another big vote for this. Its really annoying when it sits there recreating an NFO or SFV file while the archive is fine and extractable. I've been hoping for this feature for a long time. It adds unnecessary wear on the harddisk because while its recreating that useless NFO file, the drive is thrashing since the download queue is usually also accessing the disk.