Can't Register

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

tardis51

Can't Register

Post by tardis51 »

Can anybody help? Had to reinstall win10 and now I can't register Newsleecher 7.0.
When I click the register tab and enter my Members Area Username it is fine but when I enter my Members Area Password and hit update the "Initializing" changes to "Checking" for a few seconds than the Password box clears out and the "Initializing" returns and everything is "x" out.

Have been trying this for 2 days.

Any help appreciated or is it time to leave Newsleecher

Nephron

Re: Can't Register

Post by Nephron »

Similar for me on V8.0 Beta 4.
Username und Password are greyed out and the status is constantly on "Checking ..."

rmhochman42

Post by rmhochman42 »

I have been experiencing non-initialization / registration issues for does using version 7.0 final (but NOT 8.04b) and have been going back and forth with SCUBA about it. I have tried to tell him that others are experiencing the same issue and it is not unique to me, and that nothing changed on my side, I have tested every combination of windows 7, windows 10, and version 7.0 final and Version 8.0 b4, all with and without anti-virus and firewalls. My conclusion so far are that the problem seems to be with Version 7.0 (Nephron, not sure yours is the same issue) regardless of windows version, regardless of antivirus or Firewalls. My issues began midweek this past week overnight (eastern US time). I believe something was changed on NL side as part of whatever ongoing maintenance they have been doing during the repeated recent outages. I know of at least 3 other users with same problems.

rmhochman42

Post by rmhochman42 »

This did happen do me today on an 8.04b registration, but I was able to copy over a good setup file from a working client and then had not issue. I still do not think it is the exactly the same as the initialization issue on already installed 7.0 clients, as once I got it, I did not get the same initialization error msgs I get in my previously working 7.0 final clients. It may well be related though, perhaps some sort of overall authentication or port blocking issue. What I do know is tat I am now actively looking for an alternative to NL. Just too many complete outages, de-obfuscation outages (the main reason for using NL in my regard) and insufficient tech support (Not knocking Scuba, they just need more people and more coverage).

Antonin

Post by Antonin »

I'm also experiencing regular initialization issues. Most notable, the News section of the new / log tab remains blank. From a broader perspective, I don't really have any expectations of Scuba, Spiril, etc. at this point. They have been consistently silent in communicating and unreliable in delivery commitments. At this point, it really boils down to trust, and I don't trust them. I'll continue to use NL v7 until it breaks or until something better and easier comes along and I have time to explore it. I would not give this gang a dime. Actions / inactions speak louder than words.

rmhochman42

Post by rmhochman42 »

The initialization error on version 7.0 that I reported (initialization error, please try again later + "initializing using cached info" has been corrected. SCUBA informed me this morning and I have tested and confirmed. However, the "Can't Register" issue seems to persist.

OldMan54

Post by OldMan54 »

I am experiencing similar problem.
I recently rebuilt my media server and had been having problems installing (config errors that were random chars).
Uninstalled, reinstalled, same. Uninstalled, removed any registry entry referring to Newsleecher, reinstalled & errors went away.
But now I have the same thing as the screencap above shows. (Constant "checking" with Username & Password greyed out)
Using Beta 4 but had same problem with Final.

In addition, on the two computers I DO have Beta 4 installed and registered, the registration page idendifies my plan "Ready To Go" but says NO to Usenet, SuperSearch, and SuperLeech. BUT THEY STILL WORK.

In the website Member's area, my account says my "Ready To Go" plan expired on November 6th!!
I updated my payment method...just in case without change.
I tried updating the plan...but it says I already have an active plan.

I have a feeling that all 3 problems are related.

I emailed customer service about this twice without response. Now I am trying here.

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

OldMan54 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:39 pm
...In addition, on the two computers I DO have Beta 4 installed and registered, the registration page idendifies my plan "Ready To Go" but says NO to Usenet, SuperSearch, and SuperLeech. BUT THEY STILL WORK.

In the website Member's area, my account says my "Ready To Go" plan expired on November 6th!!
I updated my payment method...just in case without change.
I tried updating the plan...but it says I already have an active plan.

I have a feeling that all 3 problems are related.

I emailed customer service about this twice without response. Now I am trying here.
Ready-to-go plan is the top tier that newsleecher offers, unlimited searches, unlimited downloads with supersearch and is monthly subscription based which rolls round, for you on the 6th of each month until you cancel your subscription in the members area. My register tab is the same, seems a bit mad but that's newsleecher for you! lol
payment-plan.png
payment-plan.png (108.21 KiB) Viewed 218 times

malkovich

Post by malkovich »

Hello,
Thanks guys for the valuable advice, found a lot of useful information192.168.1.1

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

Then it's greyed out...it can be many things...but first....

1 Go to NEWS&LOG tab 
2. Click CONNECT in left upper corner 
3. Wait 2 seconds and click on CONNECT again
4. Go to REGISTER (click on upper right corner) 
5. Now it should be possible to Enter your members area account and register.

IF it doesn't help to wait  - it means that something is blocking the application to reach the license servers. You have to make sure it's not being blocked by antivirus/firewall/security center and try again.
Another thing is we have seen is to start the program as 'administrator' can do the trick. (rightclick on newsleecher link and "run as administrator")
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

scuba wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 am
Then it's greyed out...it can be many things...but first....

1 Go to NEWS&LOG tab 
2. Click CONNECT in left upper corner 
3. Wait 2 seconds and click on CONNECT again
4. Go to REGISTER (click on upper right corner) 
5. Now it should be possible to Enter your members area account and register.
does this method work if you want do a clean install of a previous revision i.e. had 8b4 installed (delete all settings) and want to do a clean install of 8b3
I though returning to a previous revision being greyed out was part of the piracy protection activating