Website flagged as UNSAFE!

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Tempus

Website flagged as UNSAFE!

Post by Tempus »

I got a notice about a card update that fell through the cracks, tried to take care of this and:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

Got it in Brave as well.

Took a chance to get to the forum but am not comfortable in the least putting new card info in.

Anyone else have problems?

Any ideas on how to proceed? Even trying to get to an email address is being flagged.

TIA

Antonin

Re: Website flagged as UNSAFE!

Post by Antonin »

I also received a similar warning from Chrome and Bitdefender. If the cert on the website is not being maintained, that speaks volumes to the likelihood that Spiril, Scuba et al have walked away.

Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Thanks for the reply!

Geez that's just wonderful if true huh?

Guess I will just wait.

Vongalin

Post by Vongalin »

Hey Tempus ! If you are US-based, you could always use a service like Privacy.com. They allow you to create virtual credit cards that are merchant locked and/or burner cards. Nice thing, you can also apply limits to the card, e.g. $12 monthly for NL - no double-billing ! Also, if you pause your subscription, you pause the card on Privacy and no charges come through. Once a merchant bills to the charge, it is merchant locked to them so no worry if the card gets out, plus you add a limit so no extra over charging. I'm not affiliated w/them in any way, just a service that I use so my actual card isn't out there.

Hope it helps !

Antonin

Post by Antonin »

A valid option, although in this particular case, is it worth it? I think we know the answer.