rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

japilcher

rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post by japilcher »

attempting to extract rar archive - I get not enough disk space error . dispite there being 145 GB available for a 70 GB archive .

using 8.2, same issue appeared in 7 , I had hoped it would be fixed by now

Mibbler

Re: rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post by Mibbler »

Is that 145 GB available after the rars are already downloaded? Because they'll take up at least 70 GB and they won't be deleted until the archive is extracted, so a total of 140 GB. And there might be temporary files that bring it over 145 GB.
Del Mibbler

japilcher

Post by japilcher »

145 after rars downloaded yes , I other words there is still a ton of space on the drive left. I can use an archive utility to extract tot he same drive - same folder even, and it will complete successfully without complaint

japilcher

Post by japilcher »

that may be true with things like documents that can be compressed , but video is not compressed that much. A 70 GB archive is not going to expand to 145 GB. When I actually unzip with 7zip it does so without complaint and tons of room to spare. I have to manually enter the password - then delete the files afterward, which is one of the selling points for newsleecher, ie it will do that for you . Is there a setting or registry key that specifies that there must be 2x the size of the archive or more available before it will unpack ?

Basaev

Post by Basaev »

Check this you might seen it before is it helpful the free avi to webm converter https://onlineconvertfree.com/conver...t/avi-to-webm/ but I want to find the best tool. What do you advise me?