rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

japilcher

rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post by japilcher »

attempting to extract rar archive - I get not enough disk space error . dispite there being 145 GB available for a 70 GB archive .

using 8.2, same issue appeared in 7 , I had hoped it would be fixed by now

Mibbler

Re: rar extract error -not enough disk space

Post by Mibbler »

Is that 145 GB available after the rars are already downloaded? Because they'll take up at least 70 GB and they won't be deleted until the archive is extracted, so a total of 140 GB. And there might be temporary files that bring it over 145 GB.
Del Mibbler

japilcher

Post by japilcher »

145 after rars downloaded yes , I other words there is still a ton of space on the drive left. I can use an archive utility to extract tot he same drive - same folder even, and it will complete successfully without complaint

japilcher

Post by japilcher »

that may be true with things like documents that can be compressed , but video is not compressed that much. A 70 GB archive is not going to expand to 145 GB. When I actually unzip with 7zip it does so without complaint and tons of room to spare. I have to manually enter the password - then delete the files afterward, which is one of the selling points for newsleecher, ie it will do that for you . Is there a setting or registry key that specifies that there must be 2x the size of the archive or more available before it will unpack ?

Ashley1

Post by Ashley1 »

Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Walgreenslistens

AcrossAmi

Post by AcrossAmi »

Also need help with this

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

AcrossAmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm
Also need help with this
Well AcrossAmi as the actress said to the bishop I'm gonna need a bit more... information than that.

the quick answer to this is use 7zip, WinRAR, WinZip or one of the many other archive unpackers.

if you really want to try and get to the bottom of this I do need more from you:

Newsleecher version
windows version
size of Logical HDD - SSD
amount of free space on HDD - SSD

AcrossAmi

Post by AcrossAmi »

AmigaMan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm
AcrossAmi wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm
Also need help with this
Well AcrossAmi as the actress said to the bishop I'm gonna need a bit more... information than that.

the quick answer to this is use 7zip, WinRAR, WinZip or one of the many other archive unpackers.

if you really want to try and get to the bottom of this I do need more from you:

Newsleecher version
windows version
size of Logical HDD - SSD
amount of free space on HDD - SSD
Thank you so much for your help! I just tried to update my 7zip and the error resolved