Download speed today is horrendous

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

homerjs

Download speed today is horrendous

Post by homerjs »

not sure what is wrong but have tried all 3 servers with same result 1MB/s <
what is up?

bullet

Post by bullet »

Same here. Problem with the servers?

pcoventry

Post by pcoventry »

I signed up and then cancelled within minutes (thank god it was a trial)

yes it must be because i could get full speed on another HW reseller. But could only get 20mbps here. So I switched to supernews and maxing out.

And I tried every port - SSL too.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Strange. I have just tested with a couple of NewsLeecher Usenet accounts, connecting to both eu.newsleecher.com and us.newsleecher.com, and both gave me more than 100 Mbps download speeds.

Anyway, we are looking into the problem at the moment. You are not the only ones reporting slowish download speed during the last days time.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Burnout

Post by Burnout »

since 1 or 2 week, i'm often at 300 KB/s instead of the 1.6 MB/s

Zaxx

Post by Zaxx »

Download speed is still very slow.

When will this be fixed?

marvel2020

Post by marvel2020 »

Yep same here using news.newsleecher.com can manage no more than 10mbps download speed, where I should be getting 60mbps.

Only started to happen to me last night.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

We have checked up on it and there shouldn't be a general speed issue with the servers. But we'd like to investigate further. -

When you experience slow download speed, please make a "traceroute" ( tracert.exe news.newsleecher.com from a cmd.exe prompt ) and a "ping" ( ping.exe news.newsleecher.com from a cmd.exe prompt ) to the Usenet server and either send the results to me as a PM, or to the NewsLeecher support team through the website. Then we'll look further into it.

Edit:
Also please let us know what download speed you get when checking it at http://www.speedtest.net and what speed you get when downloading from news.newsleecher.com
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

So I am experiencing the super slow downloads too but I noticed that it is not from all groups. Some download at full speed while others are barely registering any activity. Never had this before :/
My speedtest.net was 55Mb and 10Mb upload

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Well at least on my case, I tried giganews and a different user net program to make sure and the same thing happens but I just cant figure out why with some particular downloads and not others.
I would expect if was an ISP thing it would be for all downloads, dont you think?

marvel2020

Post by marvel2020 »

In my case after a little more digging I think I've narrowed it down to what I was downloading at the time.

It was a DCMA targeted movie and when I first started to download it I was getting full speed, but I stopped the download for a time so that I could go play some games online and when I came back to it and restarted the download my download speed was cut to half, this was late on Monday night so I decided to leave it to the next morning.

Next morning was the worst, I was lucky to get to 10mbps download and then it just stopped, I look at the news/log filed in newsleecher and I noticed that I was getting 430 no such article found message which I know meant that it had been removed from the newsgroup.

But in saying that I was told the movie was still on the newsgroup and a change to a certain provider would allow me to download this movie.

I was under the impression that was the DCMA take down notice was issued and once removed from usenet that was it, you could not download it anymore.

Are there newsgroup providers out there(in other countries) that are not answerable to the DCMA take down notices?.

I have been able to re-download this movie as it was posted again on the same newsgroup by the same nbz site and there was no problems this time around.

Mister13

Post by Mister13 »

Speednet: 42,18 Mbps
Newsleecher: 400kb/s

One hour ago the speed was okay and now down to 400kb/s!

EDIT:
And now the speed is back up to 5,41 mb/s

Mister13

Post by Mister13 »

And the speed is down again.........

EDIT:
And now a few hours later is up again. The speeds is really fluctuating.

gregcbrown

Speed Terrible

Post by gregcbrown »

I'm running at 1/2 speed, 25 Mbps, and have been for the last two hours...
Gregory C. Brown

Burnout

Post by Burnout »

Speedtest :
Down : 14.16 Mbps
Up : 1.04 Mbps

Newsleecher at this moment : 6,2 to 9.4 Mbps

usually since 2 weeks, i'm often to 2.4 Mbps at midday to midnight, after the speed improve to 14 Mbps