Argument out of range error suddenly opening the program..

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

shaolin95

Argument out of range error suddenly opening the program..

Post by shaolin95 »

Bug Data1:
wqewq:: 0 :: 0 :: 1303

Bug Data2:
Argument out of range

That is the report log.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Anyone around? I dont want to lost all my Queue so any suggestion is appreciated

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Perhaps one of your configuration files is corrupted.

If you are using 4.0 or later, you can hold down F12 when starting the application and it will ask if you wish to load your configuration files. Start with not loading the General Settings File by answering No and it will launch NewsLeecher with the default settings. Immediately quit NewsLeecher to save the default settings to disk. Then launch NewsLeecher again and it should start up with default settings and hopefully no error messages. If you get more errors, try the same procedure for the other setting files.

If using an earlier version, you will need to manually remove the setup.dat file. You can find the location and explanation of each configuration file at viewtopic.php?t=6766

If that doesn't resolve the problem, try moving all of the .dat files out of the configuration data directory and run NewsLeecher again. If there error goes away then it was one of those files. You could move a few of the files back in until you find the corrupt file.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove the configuration files.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Thanks!
To clarify, it is not when opening the program. It is actually when I click Connect to start downloading the files in Queue.
Sorry for the mistake.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Problem is still the same. It is getting invalid data when trying to read one of the files.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Ok I will try that from home and post back.
Thanks!

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

OK the problem is with the Download Queue unfortunately. Only not loading that gets rid of the error.
Anything I can do, maybe remove some stuff from the Queue or am I going to have to start getting all the files on Queue again.? Its a lot so anything I can to save it I will appreciate it.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Can you tell me if I am SOL or not please. I email support and completely got ignored. This is very disappointed after using the same program for so many years that when I need help they dont even answer...very lame.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Sorry for the delay. You can select the entries in the queue, right click, choose NZB Files>Export to NZB. It won't remember the download settings so don't do all the files at once. Do each group of files separately so when you import it back in, they will go to separate download folders (if you have configured NewsLeecher that way)

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Actually I tried that yesterday and sadly when I imported them back why I get is all files of 1kb size instead of the real size for each .rar file so I guess they are way too corrupt.