Incompletes: Downloading Missing Articles: Process?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

mntoyx4

Incompletes: Downloading Missing Articles: Process?

Post by mntoyx4 »

I'm new to Newsleacher so appologies if this is easy....

If my local ISP has 112/113 articles, how do I download the 112 then downwload only the missing article from my Paid service?

mntoyx4

Post by mntoyx4 »

Ok, I was having issues with slow download of headers from my paid service. To get around this I did a search for the specific files of interest, when the files moved from "Incomplete" status to "OK" simply started download of the files. When Paid Server is checked as "Fills Only", only the missing articles will be downloaded while the remaining articles are downloaded from my ISP.

What is still confusing for me is, with BNR2 I could download the incomplete rar sets, then download only the missing articles and the rar would rebuild. With Newsleecher I'm not sure how to attempt this process. Maybe somebody knows how to do this?

mntoyx4

Post by mntoyx4 »

Ugghhhhh

How do I download 1 article only!?

I thought I figured it out, but no. For whatever reason, one article was missed and now I have to download the entire set AGAIN. Sucks to eat up paid GB.

Tigggger

Post by Tigggger »

I'm new to Newsleacher so appologies if this is easy....

If my local ISP has 112/113 articles, how do I download the 112 then downwload only the missing article from my Paid service?
It should all be automatic.

If the first server in your list is your isp, and the second your pay server marked as fills only, it should grab the missing part from your payserver and the rest from your isp.

It works here anyway, it's fill option was the reason I paid for it, as I'm downloading a fraction from my payserver as I used to.
What is still confusing for me is, with BNR2 I could download the incomplete rar sets, then download only the missing articles and the rar would rebuild. With Newsleecher I'm not sure how to attempt this process. Maybe somebody knows how to do this?
Not sure what BNR2 does, but with incompletes, it entirely depends on what sort of par set the user has posted...

If it's PAR2, then you mark all incomplete articles, and let par2 rebuild them. If it's PAR1, there is no point in downloading the incompletes as they are useless to par1