unknown setupclassentry bug after reinstall of newsleecher.

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Noir

unknown setupclassentry bug after reinstall of newsleecher.

Post by Noir » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 am

Hello, I recently installed windows 10 and installed newsleecher 7 and it was working just fine but decided to change directory so i uninstalled from w10 uninstall/install panel and reinstalled in the correct folder and now every time i launch it I get spammed by dozens of box telling me unknown setupclassentry <<> please report to author, after I close all of them newsleecher finally launch but this is super annoying since it happens again at every launch. I have tried uninstalling newsleecher and installing it back to the default directory but this bug still happens. Anyone knows how to fix this please?

Here is what the box looks like

scuba
Site Admin

Re: unknown setupclassentry bug after reinstall of newsleecher.

Post by scuba » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:08 am

Make sure that you have the right permissions (read/write permissions) for the new location.
We have seen this issue - specially win 10 computers.
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Noir

Post by Noir » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

I was installing as admin in a custom folder (not program file) on a secondary drive.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:44 am

Ok - i can see in our history that some users had this problem and installed it on: c:\newsleecher and then it worked.

Afterwards check the permissions to the folder and make sure it has Read/write to the user you are logged into windows when using it.
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.