1000s of x265 Posts Missing

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
noblemd

1000s of x265 Posts Missing

Post by noblemd »

A search of NZB site shows 100s of x265 post made in the last day.

SuperSearch only lists 29 posts containing "x265"

OVER A YEAR NOW
Windows 10 v.20H2 19042.928
Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.0 GHz)
DeepCool Captain 240 RGB V2, AIO Liquid CPU Cooler (Max Temp 75°C 100% load)
NL download drive: M2 2280 500 GB NVME SSD (2.5 GB/s r/w)
Synology DS1621+ NAS #1: 53 TB RAID 5 (6 x 12 TB Drives) 10G
Synology DS1821+ NAS #2: 42 TB RAID 6 (8 x 8 TB Drives) 10G
Netgear XS512EM 12x10G Port Router
500 Mb/s Internet Connection (NL Avg D/L speed 55 MB/s)

GChand

Re: 1000s of x265 Posts Missing

Post by GChand »

This has been going on over a week. I was going to start a thread but responses from admins have been abysmal in general. Something's not right and thanks, noblemd, for pointing out that the usenet posts are out there in quantity. It might help if others that concur might add to this thread to bring it some attention.
Scuba, are you listening?

jeffnoone

Post by jeffnoone »

Agree, there is something wrong with Supersearch - it is now listing only a few or no titles, when search on other sites shows multiple copies of these tv shows, also number of movies listed marked decrease - this is using the New24 feature. It is not jus the x265, but all formats

bowie

Post by bowie »

Same bad results here.
I send Support@newsleecher.com a mail on 24 April 2021 about more response.
I got a answer on 27 April 2021, "I will tell the team about updating users more frequently - news and new versions."

But after that answer it kept very quit.
so I send them this today:
Hello,

PROGRESS?
If you have promised something, you must keep it.
You wrote, "I will tell the team about updating users more frequently - news and new versions."

When you're talking to the Team, I hope you're not looking in a mirror.

1. There hasn't been a new Final Release for a long time, Years.
2. No new Beta for almost 2 years.
3. Bad performances of SuperSearch. It seems that not much is found anymore. Look at this thread https://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewt ... 10&t=36010
4. There is also a lack of response to other threads on the forum.
5. Spam in the forum.
6. Paying for something whit no progress.

All these points made me decide that the money tap will close at the end of the month.
A member shortly after the start in 2002, so almost 20 years of using NewsLeecher, I am going to say goodbye to NewsLeecher.

GChand

Post by GChand »

A few days later and things are, if anything, getting worse, not better. I have noticed on the SS Status page, that the "NewsLeecher Mail Server Status" has been "ERROR" about the same amount of time as this recent issue and maybe a little bit longer. Maybe it's coincidence. Does anyone know what that component actually does?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and assume that NL has lost its feed. It's main feed anyway. This is a lot like being on a free Usenet server back in the day. You take what you can get. But it's not free and we have expectations in keeping with what we have come to expect. An Admin response of ANY kind would definitely be warranted here. From what I can see, Scuba is the only one even remotely active now.

I've held on here through some troubled times when stuff just didn't work and every new feature came with a glitch. I've shown patience and understanding while others just threaten to cancel. Well, I have to say, for the first time I'm actually considering dropping NL. I don't believe there won't be an exodus soon anyway.

A few more posts here wouldn't hurt either so stop lurking.

GChand

Post by GChand »

The problem continues and no one is listening.....

bkz2457

Post by bkz2457 »

I started using Pirate Bay, there's stuff on there Newsleecher just isn't picking up.

GChand

Post by GChand »

bkz2457 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:05 pm
I started using Pirate Bay, there's stuff on there Newsleecher just isn't picking up.
The point is that all that stuff is on Usenet and Newsleecher isn't picking it up. Something is horribly wrong here.

BTW, don't even think about using PB or any other torrent site without a good no-log VPN !AND! Tor. Otherwise be prepared to lose your internet access.
G

GChand

Post by GChand »

Is this the problem? or the solution?

https://newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic ... 38#p137538

Pertinant info in red:
Re: Issue with leecher & nzbs
Post by craig8844 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 am
The issue is most uploaders are now using a new obsfucation method that is not supported by newsleecher, i found this info on nzbplanet and switched to sabnzbd and it now works fine, users using newsbin need to also update to the beta to fix the issue

i dont think upgrading newsleecher to the beta will fix the issue as the latest beta was = Date: 15 Dec. 2019 and the new obsfuct method only started a few weeks ago

pixelmonk

Post by pixelmonk »

At this point, is there a good alternative to Newsleecher which gives the same capabilities, but actually works? It would be great to have one that has groups viewer and a Super Search function with obs. built in. I get crashes all the time with NL, and realizing the Supersearch is busted with no further development, it's about time I look for alternatives. I used to use one about 10 years ago called Free Agent.

bkz2457

Post by bkz2457 »

pixelmonk wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:06 pm
At this point, is there a good alternative to Newsleecher which gives the same capabilities, but actually works? It would be great to have one that has groups viewer and a Super Search function with obs. built in. I get crashes all the time with NL, and realizing the Supersearch is busted with no further development, it's about time I look for alternatives. I used to use one about 10 years ago called Free Agent.
Sadly there was never anyone around to challenge Newsleecher feature wise, but these days you only have to look at the news and log, last update October last year.
If there is a new method of obsfucation I can't see much further development of this program, prove me wrong someone?

Whether obsfucation actually works that well i don't know, those posts seem to vanish almost at the same time as the none obsfucated posts.
It would be naive to think film and tv companies "spies" don't belong to NZB sites or even use this program [or this forum]. ;)