IS THIS EVEN MONITORED??? Down all day now. Should I Still Pay$$

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
XManJx

IS THIS EVEN MONITORED??? Down all day now. Should I Still Pay$$

Post by XManJx »

???

KeesN

Re: IS THIS EVEN MONITORED??? Down all day now. Should I Still Pay$$

Post by KeesN »

This was was a good services many, many years ago. Is everybody sure that his is not just a scam now? Must me, given so little posts in the forum.
I have resubscribed now for like a month but it is not working at all. Very dissapointing and I just canceled my subscription. Would like to know how to claim my money back just to make statement.

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

agreed supersearch is S*** now, not a patch on what it used to be, so many missing articles or just not indexed and when the indexer goes down for any period missing posts may or may not get reindexd leading to gaps in uploaded TV series etc. and the retention is spotty at best and gets less as the program develops all the while usenet gets bigger and bigger.

But... NL v7 works for the most part as a no nonsense downloader even when supersearch is down and NL + usenet access at 200Mbit+ for $9 per month is not a bad deal and even better when it all working as specified.

its unlikely you will get a refund
yet many, many moons ago spiral would post that we would get extra days added to our subscription, not too sure how that actually worked because it would have moved the direct debit payment date.

as of this moment 1:32am supersearh is not responding and has been like that for the better part of the day but usenet access is running well.

but what can you do when the neither the boss or moderators can be bothered to address a single issue let alone a complaint, like you said very disappointing.

ratboi

Post by ratboi »

FROM https://www.newsleecher.com/

July 5, 2020
SuperSearch has been down for several hours due to hardware failure. We are working on getting it up and running again and expect it functional within the next hour or so. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
UPDATE: Issue has been fixed!

SO

Whing away! You didn't get a personal response, but the server got fixed. meh...

Tennessee Jed

Post by Tennessee Jed »

I have been a loyal subscriber for as long as I can remember and well over 10 years going on 15 and maybe more. I also use Newsbin, Astraweb and Easynews. Newsleecher has always been my go to service. As someone else mentioned this used to be a great service. Super Search is the thing that made it a great service. If not for Super Search it doesn't have anything special going for it. I would think that if I was providing this service I would do everything possible to make sure it works. I can live with the down time but what I can't live with is the lack of search results for things I know exist from comparing the results to my other resources. It has been like this for at least 6 months. One of my motto's is If it ain't broke then don't fix it. It wasn't broke in my humble opinion. Now it is totally useless. I am not sure why you all can't restore it to when it was working just fine and upgrade it with whatever you think it lacks in the background so users are not adversely impacted by it in the foreground. Thank you for listening.

Antonin

Post by Antonin »

I violently agree with your opinion. The response you're "enjoying" with Super Search is very similar to the speed with which the beta is being actively developed. I honestly don't think those who are responsible for app and the service really care any more. They can say what they want, but actions (or inactions) always speak louder than words.