Server response: "430 no such article found"

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Server response: "430 no such article found"

Postby Silo45 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:20 pm

Let be start by saying i never actually downloaded anything. 0-1 i just need some help. I searched the Posts and couldnt find any helpful Info.

I keep getting this message:

1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM Failed downloading article part# 120 of "File Name" from server "news.bezeqint.netCB".
1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM * Server response: "430 no such article found". Part Msg ID: "part120of134.bYiwY&ZQfzjT&scFUMfM@autopost.local". Part Format: "Unknown".
1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM Failed downloading article part# 121 of "File Name" from server "news.bezeqint.netCB".
1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM * Server response: "430 no such article found". Part Msg ID: "part121of134.bYiwY&ZQfzjT&scFUMfM@autopost.local". Part Format: "Unknown".
1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM Failed downloading article part# 122 of "File Name" from server "news.bezeqint.netCB".
1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM * Server response: "430 no such article found". Part Msg ID: "part122of134.bYiwY&ZQfzjT&scFUMfM@autopost.local". Part Format: "Unknown".
1/28/2006 3:46:34 PM Failed downloading article part# 123 of "File Name" from server "news.bezeqint.netCB".

I saw a post that said to try and change my port number so i did.
Then i got this:

1/28/2006 3:46:35 PM Bot(1) disconnected from server: "news.bezeqint.netCB".
1/28/2006 3:46:35 PM Bot(3) disconnected from server: "news.bezeqint.netCB".
1/28/2006 3:46:35 PM Bot(4) disconnected from server: "news.bezeqint.netCB".

I'm using the trial version of Newsleech.
Message ID's from Newsbin
I've enabled the "Auto-Import" Feature
I can connect to Outlook Flawlessly
And from what i can tell i have a Retention period of about 69.5days or so

Any help would be awsome
Thanx in Advance
Silo
Silo45

Postby techfuzz » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:28 pm

The first error message you posted means the posts are not found on your server. Most likely cause is you've exceeded your server's retention period. From the looks of it, it appears you are using your ISP's news server which probably has very poor retention and completion %'s.

The second thing you mentioned, changing the port, only works if your server supports different ports to connect to. ISP's are unlikely to provide another port to connect to their news servers besides the default one (port 119).

Third, only Giganews provides 69.5 days of binaries retention at this time (that we're aware of).

Just because you can connect with Outlook doesn't mean the posts are there. If you could download the posts with Outlook, but can't with NL then you have a problem.

techfuzz
techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Postby Silo45 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:30 pm

Thanx Tech.
I'll look in to it and see what i can do. From the guides I read I checked my rention time by Updating a group and finding the oldest post. (which was 65.5 days). If thats not it, maybe you could redirect me in the right direction. Or maybe just acouple of other things i could do so i could get started.
Thanx again
Silo45

Postby techfuzz » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:46 pm

What you might have seen were just text posts, which most providers keep for a considerable period longer than binary posts. These days, it's not unheard of for text posts to be kept around for more than 2 years or more.

The best way to check, select a large dump group like alt.binaries.boneless or alt.binaries.nl and download all the headers. Find the oldest binary post in the group and that's approximately what your server's retention is.

techfuzz
techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Postby dwazegek » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:07 pm

Silo45 wrote:Thanx Tech.
I'll look in to it and see what i can do. From the guides I read I checked my rention time by Updating a group and finding the oldest post. (which was 65.5 days). If thats not it, maybe you could redirect me in the right direction. Or maybe just acouple of other things i could do so i could get started.
Thanx again

While Giganews is the only NSP that provides that kind of binary retention, there are still a number of explanations why you got 65.5 days old headers.
Some ISP don't provide their own usenet servers, but instead outsource their servers to a 3rd party. So it's quite possible that your ISP actually actually uses Giganews as their usenet server (usually this happens at a reduced service, such as a limited number of connections, throttled bandwidth or a limit on the amount of data you're allowed to download).

It's also possible that your server keep different retentions for different groups, so while you could get really old stuff from the group you tried, you wouldn't be able to get posts that are that old in other groups. If this is the case, then it's impossible to determine your server's retention, as it differs from group to group. The simplest way to determine if this is the case is to get headers from a large group (alt.binaries.boneless is pretty much the largest group around), a medium sized group (one of the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3 groups would do) and a small group (just some kind of obscure low popularity groups) and to compare them.

A less likely possibility is that you server's article headers and bodies are severely out of sync, so while you can get the headers, the bodies are long gone.

Anyway, that's about it for the retention issue, now on to the rest of the problem.
I tried requesting one of the articles from Giganews using one of the message-IDs in your log and also got a "430 no such article found" error. This leaves a few possibilities. Either the post simply is too old for even Giganews to handle (have you got any idea of how old it should be?), or the MIDs in the NZB are incorrect. I can check if the MIDs are correct, but then I'll need either the filename of the post or the NZB you used. You can send the NZB to nllogs@gmail.com, or you can just PM me with the filename.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.
dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Postby Lips » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 pm

Silo45 wrote:Let be start by saying i never actually downloaded anything. 0-1 i just need some help
[snip]
I can connect to Outlook Flawlessly

dwazegek wrote:I tried requesting one of the articles from Giganews using one of the message-IDs in your log and also got a "430 no such article found" error.

The message-ids are valid on GN and return articles posted just under 5 days ago to a.b.x.

Silo45, if this does indeed sound to you like the correct posts, then some possiblitlies:
1. The articles are no longer available on the server.
2. If the articles are still on the server, it is possible that they are only available when requested by article number (NL only requests articles by Message-ID).

You can use another news client that does request articles by article number (you said you use OE and I cringe even suggesting it) and get enough of the newest headers (5 days worth), and see if the posts indeed show as available on the server. If they show in the message list, see if they successfully download from the same server from which you got the headers.
You can of course get x amount of the newest headers using NL if you would like to just see if the posts show as available on the server.

You can also try the nzb file in another news client and see if the results are the same (I suspect they will be, as the M-IDs were correct in your log sample; at least I’m going on that premise until I hear otherwise.). Also, as dwazagek suggested, you can send the nzb file to: nllogs@gmail.com.

--
Lips
Lips
Forum Moderator

Postby dwazegek » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:45 am

Lips wrote:The message-ids are valid on GN and return articles posted just under 5 days ago to a.b.x.
Ok, I must be going insane, but I really get a 430 error when requesting one of those articles. How did you request the articles?

edit:
I just accessed giganews through telnet and requested the article manually and still no luck. I did discover that manually typing MIDs is not fun :?
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.
dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Wow this Really Sucks!

Postby Silo45 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:12 am

Ok So i think i got the hang of all this, but still no cigar. I downloaded Binpro just to see if maybe the Problem was in NL. But no nothin (by the way they got an awsome tutorial). I really dont know what to do. :x
Maybe the problem could be with the Message IDs.
so how would i go about, doin it with article numbers.(I wonder if Newzbin offers that). I think this one of those problems, where we gotta get creative and start bringin out the old tricks. Or maybe leechin is just not for me.
I think i was way out of my league when i left Emule. Just wanted to swim with the big fish alittle too early.
BUT Im not givin up. U guys gotta work your magic.
Neways this sucks.
Silo

By the way when i try to download a header from Binpro, from a .rar it turns into a .jpg file (weird) and they dont open, dont know if it helps, but when i do try to download a NBZ is says Post Purged and the log says
01/30/2006 01:10:31 MSG=Processing Server: news.bezeqint.net Groups: alt.binaries.dvdr
01/30/2006 01:10:23 MSG=Select Group Failed Server: news.bezeqint.net Groups: alt.binaries.dvdr
Thanx
Silo
Silo45

Postby Red Dwarf » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:24 am

These are error messages from newsbinpro? I hope you're not expecting to get any technical suppost for that program on this forum? :D You could at least have posted it in the general discussion forum. :wink:

The fact that you're getting similar problems with Newsbinpro might suggest that the problem is with your server.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.
Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Postby Silo45 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:56 pm

So whats the next step. where do i go to from here. (Back to Emule?) Any suggestions?
Thanx
Silo
Silo45

Return to Technical Support