December 13 change to SuperSearch engine breaks SuperLeech

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
tvgeloof

December 13 change to SuperSearch engine breaks SuperLeech

Post by tvgeloof » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:51 am

Since the December 13 changes to SuperSearch Superleech will add ALL the matching articles (going back about 30 days by the look of it) articles found to the download queue EVERY time it sees them.
It does no longer seem to know which ones were already added in a previous scan for articles.
This causes HUGE download queues and a lot of duplicate downloads.
I happen to have a very fast news-connection so I can usually download a large part of that queue before the next 5-minute Turboleech scan comes by. The same articles get added to the queue. Downloaded again, next scan happens, download, etc...

As it stands Superleech is unusable and I had to disable it completely to prevent my download disk running full with duplicates.
I'm back to manually using SuperSearch now. That works (and credit where credit is due: better than before), but is obviously a pain in the a**, because I have dozens of Superleech searches set up.
Be nice..... We were all newbies once.......

MrNeutron

Re: December 13 change to SuperSearch engine breaks SuperLeech

Post by MrNeutron » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Well, glad I wasn't the only one - but it is a massive bummer.

I tried changing my entries to "leech once" but I think that isn't going to work either.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Trainstopper

Post by Trainstopper » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Same here since today

tomz99@gmail.com

Post by tomz99@gmail.com » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 am

This morning each of my 60 Superleeach entries "found" the same files. Hundreds of them.....
Please fix this asap!