Can you please release the Alpha/Beta of V8 on the forums.

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.

Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
pandustries

Can you please release the Alpha/Beta of V8 on the forums.

Post by pandustries » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 am

I have been paying subscriber of Newsleecher for 15 years. And when you started offering the usenet hosting service, I switched from newshosting to Newsleecher that same month. Up until a few months ago I was still paying for the entire package, however since I rarely use Supersearch anymore, I downgraded to the Pure Usenet package.

I have been having a lot of issues lately which requires it to be closed via task-manager, restarting it, clear the entire queue, and then closing and opening it again. Then re-queuing whatever was previously in my queue. The error messages are useless and just show a gibberish code with an access violation error.

I know version 8 internal beta exists since your forum manager brags about it all the time, as well as a select few forum users that are in possession of it. So just release whatever version you have. Stop saying its a few weeks away, which could be technically true if the word "few" meant 80.

If you do not want to release it to the public, please email or PM it to me. I don't care how unfinished it is, just let us (or me) check it out. I could help with QA if you wanted.

Thanks in advanced. I love NL, I have been a paying customer every step of the way. I know better clients exist, but I am happy with NL and until the past 8 months or so it's always worked almost perfectly.

My previous usernames:
Zarena
Amselectro
Pandustry
Pandustries

Ironside

Re: Can you please release the Alpha/Beta of V8 on the forums.

Post by Ironside » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 am

There is plenty of long term NL supporters and are happy to wait for a public release.

Version 7 is no longer a viable option, so just use Sabnzbd in the mean time. Its not as good as NL, but gets the job done.

I'm sure all the beta testers have busy life styles other than NL, so let them get the job done right.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 am

I agree @Ironside...but saying last year in May that a beta will be released 'in weeks', then again in December 'by the end of the year' is, to say the least, not helpful. There must be some timeline...otherwise all the users will just disappear, sadly. NL is great for finding old stuff, but anything recent, as you say other indexers/sabnzbd are needed.

Please, can we have some idea of the progress. Not promises, just a timeline would help.
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

Ironside

Post by Ironside » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:32 pm

@Shalom2010 I think it was very close in May, and then we started seeing uploads with randomly generated file names for each part so that would've caused them a great number of headaches. Being that its not their full time job things can only be done when they can.
I've already emailed them that I won't be paying for a product that isn't being updated. Which would've been due this month, so its not costing me anything while I wait.
I even purchased Newbin Pro before Newsleecher and I still cannot get into that. So like many, stuck with Sabnzbd until we see a NL release.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm

I'm also using Sabnzbd, but NL SuperSearch I still find useful for very old Usenet.

I appreciate the complexity of the software, but at least some time frame would be useful. Even if they said 'sorry but a release may not be out for 6 months'...at least people may hang on.
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

Ironside

Post by Ironside » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:09 am

@Shalom2010 I agree with everything you are saying. I just pop in from time to time to see if there is any movement :-)
A GUI is my preferred method when using a usenet client though.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 am

Absolute Silence !!!
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

Macback

Post by Macback » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:06 am

Here comes the truth: I'm sorry, but unfortunally: There is no upcoming Newsleecher 8 RC or final. The development has stopped 9 month ago. Nothing will be released this year.

I'm sorry.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 am

How do you know that?
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm

[quote=Macback post_id=125414 time=1519866386 user_id=38420]
[b]Here comes the truth:[/b] I'm sorry, but unfortunally: There is no upcoming Newsleecher 8 RC or final. The development has stopped 9 month ago. Nothing will be released this year.

I'm sorry.
[/quote]

If this is true, then it is really sad :cry:

Unfortunately, the Newsleecher team now seems unwilling to give updates or any sort of time-line on version 8 and given the length of time since the last release/update, it's looking increasingly likely that Newsleecher is dead in the water :|

The only thing that is updated and added to the forums on a regular basis, is SPAM!

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:38 pm

8-[
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

cheezhed

Post by cheezhed » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 am

Spiril?