Antivirus recommendation for header issues..

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

mandoris

Antivirus recommendation for header issues..

Post by mandoris » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 am

Hello,

I am aware of the known issue here regarding really slow header downloads:

https://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewt ... 14&t=27007

I have been using Norton for a few years now, but I feel like maybe when I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago I started to be affected by this.

I've whitelisted all the relevant folders, and tried turning off both auto-protect and smart firewall, but it doesn't improve anything. My subscription is about up, so I'm sitting here thinking "if Norton is stupid, what should I switch to".... :)

Can anyone make a recommendation of a good antivirus that gets along with Newsleecher, either without effort or after whitelisting directories? Appreciate the help.

chriscap015

Re: Antivirus recommendation for header issues..

Post by chriscap015 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:41 pm

mandoris wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 am
Hello,

I am aware of the known issue here regarding really slow header downloads:

Psychopraticienne

I have been using Norton for a few years now, but I feel like maybe when I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago I started to be affected by this.

I've whitelisted all the relevant folders, and tried turning off both auto-protect and smart firewall, but it doesn't improve anything. My subscription is about up, so I'm sitting here thinking "if Norton is stupid, what should I switch to".... :)

Can anyone make a recommendation of a good antivirus that gets along with Newsleecher, either without effort or after whitelisting directories? Appreciate the help.
I'm having the same problem. very strange. Downloads aren't working now.
Thanks!