Newsleecher V8 Beta Release - Timeline

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.

Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Fixxxer

Re: Newsleecher V8 Beta Release - Timeline

Post by Fixxxer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:29 pm

pka4916 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:55 pm
you post it Fixxxer, where did you get it from?
As said in a post earlier, somebody pointed me in the direction.
This was posted in a newsgroup on the net.
Don't know if it safe to mention the group and the description here, I wanna still enjoy the software?

Mibbler

Post by Mibbler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 am

I don't know where Fixxxer found a beta, but as I posted in another thread of this forum (Wishlist for Santa/New version?) I got unofficial forum release #4 (ufr4) from the NewsLeecher site, using a link posted by Spiril back in January. That's about as official as an unofficial release can get. And the link here is to Spiril's post, not to the file itself, so you'll know it's legit.

Recently I looked for later versions and found ufr5, which is much less buggy than ufr4. I did not find versions 6, 7 or 8 so 5 is probably the latest. I've seen no posted link to ufr5 but anyone who can't figure it out after seeing Spiril's post probably shouldn't be using unofficial betas anyway.
Del Mibbler

Priesy

Post by Priesy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 am

Been trying out ufr5 and it works quite well
Issues i've noticed so far are auto update does not work and I also get occasional bot freezing which requires a manual reset to complete downloads this is on Windows 10 x64 machine

EDIT : Reset hanging bots is set to 60 seconds - reduced it to 30 in advanced tweaks as that is the lowest option needs to be lower IMO

Also noticed status is not being remembered in most cases after closing and reopening NL
Last edited by Priesy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zooitje

Post by Zooitje » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:19 am

Another thing I still notice in this beta (5) is the frequent pausing of the downloads to to "writing to storage device". Writing of downloaded files takes place to a SSD (unpacking to a HD on SATA 6) so that shouldn't be a problem. Downloading takes place at a maximum of 200 Mbs, mostly less, while with other downloadsites I get up to 730 Mbs. This was also happening in V7. Not from my start some 8 years ago, but the last 2 or 3 years.

I don't know if this is a flaw in NL. I am quite sure it isn't a setting. F.i. I have not set a max download speed. Is this a known issue and does anyone know a resolution?

Priesy

Post by Priesy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 am

The only solution I ever found for the pause while writing to storage device was to enable the Postpone RAR Unpacking while downloading option
None of the exclude processes or directory options in my AV ever worked and I run 5 Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD's in raid 5

Fixxxer

Post by Fixxxer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Mibbler wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 am
I don't know where Fixxxer found a beta, but as I posted in another thread of this forum (Wishlist for Santa/New version?) I got unofficial forum release #4 (ufr4) from the NewsLeecher site, using a link posted by Spiril back in January. That's about as official as an unofficial release can get. And the link here is to Spiril's post, not to the file itself, so you'll know it's legit.

Recently I looked for later versions and found ufr5, which is much less buggy than ufr4. I did not find versions 6, 7 or 8 so 5 is probably the latest. I've seen no posted link to ufr5 but anyone who can't figure it out after seeing Spiril's post probably shouldn't be using unofficial betas anyway.
I wasn't really clear about reading back my posts, It's ufr5 version.
But still alot off people don't know of this version can be downloaded

tvr4ever

Post by tvr4ever » Wed May 22, 2019 11:58 am

I'm using the ufr5 version until the official release comes, I'm sure it can't be long now...

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Don't have high hopes for it..

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Fri May 24, 2019 1:48 pm

I truly don't believe we'll ever see it.

dwikkie

Post by dwikkie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Just ended my subscribtion. Has been too long for a new beta or final version, don't rely on it being released.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 am

pretty much... again..... empty promises.

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:51 am

As I recall, the last few responses from Scuba et al have been that the beta was still being tested. But, why wouldn't that testing include us, the most historically committed users of Newsleecher? Why haven't we heard from others about their testing results? Again, I can only surmise that V8 is vaporware.

Tuinpad

Post by Tuinpad » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm

I think that Newsleecher development is a one persons job and not a team.
Thats why it takes this long....

LeJeune

Post by LeJeune » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

It has been 3 years since the Final release of Newleecher 7. Ever since we are hearing and seeing messages stating that a new Beta is on its way.

Your credibility has turned to zero.

The current Final version of Newsleecher is not capable in handling the current internet speeds as well as the current Operating Systems.

I have given you the benfit of the doubt in waiting for the new beta release, but I am tired of waiting and will stop with Newsleecher and will turn to Sabnzbd in combination with other products.

LeJeune

Post by LeJeune » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Tuinpad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm
I think that Newsleecher development is a one persons job and not a team.
Thats why it takes this long....
I fully agree on this.