Return to Main NewsLeecher Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 15 thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smudge
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 15 thread Reply with quote

Discuss the NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 15 release here.

Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Last edited by Smudge on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

sam_leech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 15 thread Reply with quote

[quote="Smudge"]Discuss the NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 15 release here.[/quote]

For anyone using the new Windows 8 Release Preview, v5.0 beta 15 is broken Sad

As reported a few days ago in this part of the forum, you try to start Newsleecher and it appears not to start, but actually, if you check in task manager, it is running and gobbling up lots of CPU resources.

Before I'd realised this was happening, I'd tried to start Newsleecher a number of times and again, when I looked, there were numerous versions of Newsleecher running, all using up CPU resources.

I've now put back beta 14 and that is (still) working fine in Windows 8 RP.

Others have also reported the same problem so I guess those of us trying Windows 8 RP will have to wait for another beta release which will hopefully fix this problem... fingers crossed Wink
carloX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: cleaning issues Reply with quote

i really like to see some of the problems solved concerning the cleaning function....

firstly, when the program recommends to clean the group & i 'd agree, this small popup window, counting the containing headers ('Cleaning Usenet Group (xxxx ox xxxxxxx), pops up, starts to count them down but suddenly (or instantly after clicking with the mouse anywhere else) stops the counting till the cleaning is finished and nl shuts down.
during this, the popup stays above all other windows on the desktop.

secondly, sometimes this small pop up window turns to become smaller with a big black frame for a certain time.

thirdly, with some very large groups, over 2 million headers or so, newsleecher wants to clean the group, i click yes and the cleaning would start. after a long span of time, cleaning seems to have been finished, the program shuts down. but the next time i'd open nl and load this very large group & trying to close nl afterwards, nl wants to clean the group again. so before nothing was achieved....?
seems that might have something to do with a possible limit of 2gb for headers on one server with 32bit programs....? (windows taskmanager stops counting bits for newsleecher.exe at 3.9xx.xxxK (two servers))

these 3 are no heavy bugs, the program is still working quite well, but they are annoying for a program that wants to get purchased.
emjoa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Flood of bugs in queue tab Reply with quote

Just jumped from the last stable release to this beta. Overall I love a lot of the enhancements but wanted to report this:

It seems that every time I select the queue tab while downloading (I'm downloading large rar sets totalling a few GB) I get a bug report popup. If I hit close there is another one and another one, seemingly for every file, or every part of a file possibly, so I get stuck clicking close forever trying to clear them off the screen. I notice thought that if I go back to another tab like SS or R&E the bug report popup is still there but I only need to click 'close' once more and no more come up. I've also noticed that if I leave the bug report up and just let the queue finish downloading I also only need to close it once and no more appear. But if I remain in the queue tab while still downloading I have to click "close" forever trying to clear all the bug report popups.

Not sure what this means but it's consistent so thought It worth mentioning. I'm running Win7 SP1
Scuttle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug Data #1:
idjfaoij4

Bug Data #2:
Access violation at address 0088A15B in module 'newsLeecher.exe'.
Read of address 312B3650

Got that one just now
Scuttle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one:

Bug Data #1:
save filepos < 1

(edit) Got another one, all newsleecher did was download from the queue...

Last edited by Scuttle on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scuttle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message "Pausing NewsLeecher Temporarily" doesn't disappear. Even with an empty queue, this message won't disappear until I restart newsleecher
Darkling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuttle wrote:
The message "Pausing NewsLeecher Temporarily" doesn't disappear. Even with an empty queue, this message won't disappear until I restart newsleecher
I would like to see the option to download in cache so tis message is gone. I see this message all the time whit a 100 Mbit connection.
Hairy Scot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Speed Limit set/display missing from task bar Reply with quote

The display of the current speed limit and the drop down to set the limit appear to be missing.
Darkling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit set/display missing from task bar Reply with quote

Hairy Scot wrote:
The display of the current speed limit and the drop down to set the limit appear to be missing.
It is not missing. You can get it back if you right click your mouse on the little grafic bar and select large bandwitch graph.
Hairy Scot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Limit set/display missing from task bar Reply with quote

Darkling wrote:
Hairy Scot wrote:
It is not missing. You can get it back if you right click your mouse on the little grafic bar and select large bandwitch graph.

The one I'm looking for was in the menu bar(s) at the top of the screen.

I've found the one you mean.

Thanks
lamma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Been getting this a lot lately and downloads seems to get corrupted.
ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 007CF58B in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Crying or Very sad
Longshot9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started getting the disc space error. I have 140gb free on the drive I download too and it's telling me I have no free space.
thany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 betas...?

Release it already. What are you trying to achieve with this many betas? Or is it really that unstable?
Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it would be wise to make it final fairly soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewsLeecher Forum Index -> New Beta Releases All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: