how to stop Argument out of range error

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.

how to stop Argument out of range error

Postby idmanager » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Bug Data1:
wqewq:: 0 :: 0 :: 1

Bug Data2:
Argument out of range
idmanager

Postby Smudge » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 am

Sounds like your setup.dat configuration file is corrupt.

Please help us to research this corruption problem by sending a copy of the setup.dat to support@newsleecher.com.

You will need to locate and remove the setup.dat file. When you start NewsLeecher again, it will reset to default settings. You can find the location and explanation of each configuration file at http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6766

If you are using 3.95 beta 1 or later, the setup.dat files are backed up automatically so you can use a previous version. They are stored in the %APPDATA%\NewsLeecher\backups\ directory. Replace your corrupted setup.dat with one of these backups, renaming it properly of course.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, try moving all of the .dat files out of the configuration data directory and run NL again. If there error goes away then it was one of those files. You could move a few of the files back in until you find the corrupt file.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove the configuration files.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.
Smudge
Site Admin

Postby bjzy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:21 am

So here's what I've found with this possible bug:

It only occurs when I load a .nzb using auto import.
    Seems to be every .nzb. Though I haven't done extensive testing there.
    Once it's occurred (via auto-import), it also happens when I double-click a .nzb
    The SAME NZB will not encounter this error when loaded via double-click, but will encounter it once auto-imported.
    If I get the bug window after an auto-import, I can regain control of newsleecher by unchecking the imports in the queue. Still, if I double-click on a .nzb, I get the error.. but at least I can exit the app and re-open.
    Deleting Setup.dat file did not change anything.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need example .NZBs. The ones I've been using are from newzbin.com.

A question beyond this one item... is it possible to tell NewsLeecher to ignore non-critical bugs? At least if a specific function is having a problem, you could still use other features. In a situation like this where the bug windows keep popping up, you can't do much if anything.
bjzy

Postby Smudge » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:33 am

It is probably a corrupted download queue. When you import the NZB, it is having a problem adding the files to the corrupted queue.

Try deleting the download queue files.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.
Smudge
Site Admin

Postby bjzy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 am

Ya.. if I delete the download queue files, it does stop the errors. However, when I do that, there's nothing for me to d/l. I wonder if there's some weird character or something in these .nzb. I'll try from another source.
bjzy

Postby bjzy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:54 am

Just tried .nzb from newzbin.com and binsearch.info. Both produce the error. Any suggestions for completely removing and re-installing Newsleecher? I imagine if this was impacting all users of this beta you'd be hearing about it.. so it must be something local to our installs?

Thx
bjzy

Postby bjzy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:05 am

Just realized that you meant for me to delete the files inside

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\NewsLeecher\cacheV4\download queue

Did that, and all is well. Thanks!!
bjzy

Return to Beta Releases