Filename Filter buggy

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Eric10301

Filename Filter buggy

Post by Eric10301 »

If you use the Filename Filter in the Explorer tab, and then clear it, not all of the files in the folder return. So for example, I have a folder with 5000 or so files in it and if I use the filter and then clear it, only 1300 of the files will re-appear. I have to close Newsleecher to see all 5000 files again. This bug has been present since the introduction of 7.0.

Sunfox

Re: Filename Filter buggy

Post by Sunfox »

Indeed, I can confirm this one. A folder with 11,000 files drops down to a number between 50 and 6000 when a filter is added and then removed. Refresh does not work. Well, it will actually sometimes increase the number of shown files, but still nowhere near all of them.

Funny part is I can get all 11,000 files to show so long as I add a filter matching something that they all have - like a period "."

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

This unofficial test release should fix that bug :
http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70005.ufr2.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 »

I'm glad this bug is fixed, it was a pretty annoying one.