PLEASE change this... [CTRL] + cursor right/left hotkey

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.
sinner

PLEASE change this... [CTRL] + cursor right/left hotkey

Post by sinner »

Usually in Windows you can jump between the words of a text with the [CTRL] + cursor right/left hotkey, but in the "leech specify" window [CTRL] + cursors and [ALT] + cursors both switch the destination folders.
Could you please remove the [CTRL] + cursors hotkey so it works like normally? We can still use [Alt] + cursors for changing folder.

And when working on hotkeys, could you add a second RAR password hotkey that works like earlier betas, opening the little "specify archive extract passwort" window to directly paste the password? Now it's a mouse and keyboard or multiple taps action to enter a new RAR password.

Thanks in advance!

sinner

Re: PLEASE change this... [CTRL] + cursor right/left hotkey

Post by sinner »

Full ACK, see my request here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26031

crocolord

Post by crocolord »

I agree, although in a much larger sense, to the whole UI. See my post here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26064

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

This unofficial forum release reverts the Leech Specify Ctrl key behavior back to Windows standard :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70006.ufr3.exe

Crocolord,

What other places in NL do you mean ?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

sinner

Post by sinner »

Thanks, this makes it much more usable again!
But what happened to the RAR password hotkey? It's not working anymore at all...

crocolord

Post by crocolord »

I don't have other specific items, double click mouse behavior and this item were the two I was aware of off the top of my head. As I said in my thread though, just as a general design thing, I feel like taking over default OS UI actions is a bad thing in general. And it seems like I stumble into them as unpleasant surprises.