Downloading to folder named after NZB filename

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

kiddbios

Downloading to folder named after NZB filename

Post by kiddbios » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:06 am

I just upgraded to version 7 from a very old version - maybe version 3. In this older version there was an option to have content downloaded to a folder that matched the name of the NZB file - so if I downloaded yourfavoritepodcast.nzb it would download all of the parts of that podcast to C:\news\yourfavoritepodcast

I can't seem to figure out how to do that with version 7. If I set the tag for a subject, it just downloads to a folder with a random string. If I download based on group tag, it just downloads into a folder named after the group. It makes it somewhat difficult to keep track of what is what.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Samurai

Re: Downloading to folder named after NZB filename

Post by Samurai » Sun May 13, 2018 1:58 am

I'm having the same issue and the download locations help is VERY basic.

My previous laptop failed on me and I had, at the time, a list of the codes I could use which I no longer have. I know there's a code there somewhere but I've not seen it online. <NZB> and <NZB Name> are not allowed.

Can a mod or Spiril please confirm if there is such a thing for version 7 please?

Most files have been masked with random characters, so I'd prefer to use the NZB filename, and not the subject or anything else. Unless I download one at a time, and rename them myself from the NZB this will be too time consuming for me.

Thanks in advance.

Samurai

Re: Downloading to folder named after NZB filename

Post by Samurai » Sun May 13, 2018 2:06 am

Ahh... I should have spent a little more time looking. I managed to find a workaround.

If anyone else is interested, set the download path how you would normally want it. For example: D:\<Date>\

Then click on the NZB field in the settings and select "Specify "NZB Import" Destination Folders then click on the button to override the destination folder, so you can then select something easier, for example: D:\<Date>\<NZB Name>

This will of course, download the articles according to their NZB filename, inside another folder with today's date. You don't have to use the date format if you don't want to - it's just an example.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to fix this.