We have had some users having issues with strange errors in NewsLeecher . The issue was related to Emsisoft's File Guard. It was causing crashes and here is a solution:
To whitelist a program folder in Emsisoft's File Guard:
1. Open your Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Internet Security product
2. Click "Protection", along the top of the window
3. Click "File Guard", in the row below where you clicked Protection
4. Click "Manage whitelist", a button on the middle-right side of the window
5. This is where it gets tricky, because the interface is a bit odd: Click the word "File". You should see a small "v" down arrow. Click it, and change it to "Folder".
6. In the row immediately to the right of "Folder", click. You should then see "...". Click the dots.
7. In the file browse window that appears, navigate to the program installation folder; something similar to entirety : C:\Program Files (x86)\NewsLeecher
note about 32/64 bit Windows and location: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 6d7?auth=1
8. Click OK to add that folder to the exclusion list. This will add the entirety of that program's folder to EAM's ignore (white) list.
9. Click OK again to close the whitelist management window, and close your Emsisoft product if you wish.
NewsLeecher and General Usenet related How-To and FAQs.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest