Return to Main NewsLeecher Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xpat in 3.5 B8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TifKag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Xpat in 3.5 B8 Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing the Xpat feature back.

But..............it is severely crippled.

1) No right click info on the messages.
2) No setting for the number of headers that should be searched (and NO, changing the header retrieval in the options doesn't work) it simply searches all headers ??????
3) With every search result i get this error message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug Data1:
309jd

Bug Data2:
Error 10057 in function Send
Socket is not connected
(Error message is gone when you "uncheck": Send 'Group' command to server option in Server Properties)

Up to v3.0 you could set the number of headers it should search
apokalips

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.. I am even further lost with the XPAT feature after installing b8.. where is it? I can't find the feature... there is no XPAT tab..

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto View>Pages and there it is.

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.
apokalips

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. Ok thanks Red dwarf...
Lips
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Xpat in 3.5 B8 Reply with quote

TifKag wrote:
But..............it is severely crippled.

1) No right click info on the messages.
2) No setting for the number of headers that should be searched (and NO, changing the header retrieval in the options doesn't work) it simply searches all headers ??????

You are correct. The Advanced Options, and the context menu are missing from the new XPAT search. Seems reasonable that they should be added back.

TifKag wrote:
3) With every search result i get this error message:
[snip]
Error 10057 in function Send
Socket is not connected
(Error message is gone when you "uncheck": Send 'Group' command to server option in Server Properties)

I have tried a few XPAT searches with the Send Group Command option enabled and have not received any errors.
The Send Group Command option should only effect article requests, and should not have any effect on XPAT searches. Before issuing an XPAT command, the client needs to first send a Group command, so there would be no reason for NL to even check the state of or use the aforementioned option when performing an XPAT search.
Are you downloading articles at the same time the XPAT search is running? If so, try running the XPAT search by itself, with nothing else downloading.
Do you see any indication in the log that any connections were dropped prior to receiving the 10057 error?
How many connections to the XPAT server are used?

Is anyone else getting these errors?

--
Lips
TifKag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Xpat in 3.5 B8 Reply with quote

Lips wrote:
I have tried a few XPAT searches with the Send Group Command option enabled and have not received any errors.
The Send Group Command option should only effect article requests, and should not have any effect on XPAT searches. Before issuing an XPAT command, the client needs to first send a Group command, so there would be no reason for NL to even check the state of or use the aforementioned option when performing an XPAT search.
Are you downloading articles at the same time the XPAT search is running? If so, try running the XPAT search by itself, with nothing else downloading.
Do you see any indication in the log that any connections were dropped prior to receiving the 10057 error?
How many connections to the XPAT server are used?

Is anyone else getting these errors?

--
Lips

At the moment of the error i was only using Xpat, it was searching with 1 connection (of 4 available) at newshosting.
Forgot to look at the log, sorry Embarassed

EDIT: After your reply i decided to restore an image which contains a clean NL install, haven't seen the error since that Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewsLeecher Forum Index -> New Beta Releases All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: