Xpat in 3.5 B8

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.

Xpat in 3.5 B8

Postby TifKag » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks for bringing the Xpat feature back.

But..............it is severely crippled.

1) No right click info on the messages.
2) No setting for the number of headers that should be searched (and NO, changing the header retrieval in the options doesn't work) it simply searches all headers ??????
3) With every search result i get this error message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug Data1:
309jd

Bug Data2:
Error 10057 in function Send
Socket is not connected
(Error message is gone when you "uncheck": Send 'Group' command to server option in Server Properties)

Up to v3.0 you could set the number of headers it should search
TifKag

Postby apokalips » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Good point.. I am even further lost with the XPAT feature after installing b8.. where is it? I can't find the feature... there is no XPAT tab..

apokalips

Postby Red Dwarf » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:27 pm

Goto View>Pages and there it is.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.
Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Postby apokalips » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Ah.. Ok thanks Red dwarf...
apokalips

Re: Xpat in 3.5 B8

Postby Lips » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:48 am

TifKag wrote:But..............it is severely crippled.

1) No right click info on the messages.
2) No setting for the number of headers that should be searched (and NO, changing the header retrieval in the options doesn't work) it simply searches all headers ??????

You are correct. The Advanced Options, and the context menu are missing from the new XPAT search. Seems reasonable that they should be added back.

TifKag wrote:3) With every search result i get this error message:
[snip]
Error 10057 in function Send
Socket is not connected
(Error message is gone when you "uncheck": Send 'Group' command to server option in Server Properties)

I have tried a few XPAT searches with the Send Group Command option enabled and have not received any errors.
The Send Group Command option should only effect article requests, and should not have any effect on XPAT searches. Before issuing an XPAT command, the client needs to first send a Group command, so there would be no reason for NL to even check the state of or use the aforementioned option when performing an XPAT search.
Are you downloading articles at the same time the XPAT search is running? If so, try running the XPAT search by itself, with nothing else downloading.
Do you see any indication in the log that any connections were dropped prior to receiving the 10057 error?
How many connections to the XPAT server are used?

Is anyone else getting these errors?

--
Lips
Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: Xpat in 3.5 B8

Postby TifKag » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:24 am

Lips wrote:I have tried a few XPAT searches with the Send Group Command option enabled and have not received any errors.
The Send Group Command option should only effect article requests, and should not have any effect on XPAT searches. Before issuing an XPAT command, the client needs to first send a Group command, so there would be no reason for NL to even check the state of or use the aforementioned option when performing an XPAT search.
Are you downloading articles at the same time the XPAT search is running? If so, try running the XPAT search by itself, with nothing else downloading.
Do you see any indication in the log that any connections were dropped prior to receiving the 10057 error?
How many connections to the XPAT server are used?

Is anyone else getting these errors?

--
Lips

At the moment of the error i was only using Xpat, it was searching with 1 connection (of 4 available) at newshosting.
Forgot to look at the log, sorry :oops:

EDIT: After your reply i decided to restore an image which contains a clean NL install, haven't seen the error since that 8)
TifKag

Return to Beta Releases