Ability to save transfer queue and changing servers?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Ability to save transfer queue and changing servers?

Postby tony9892l » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:16 am

First of all, I really love NewsLeecher so far...just the message ID import/download feature used in conjuntion with newzbin.com has made the license fee worth it.

There are still some features that I don't understand though and which I'm having problems with. First of all, why can't you enable and disable servers without having to empty your entire transfer queue??? This is a big drawback to using the program. I sometimes enable and disable servers on the fly, depending on different factors. Having to remove my entire transfer queue before doing it seems crazy.

This would be less bad if I could save/export my transfer queue and then import it back in after fixing the servers. Is there any way to do this at the present time? I'm using beta 9, but just noticed you are up to 12, so I will upgrade to that version later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for a great program. I've been very satisfied with one of your competitors, so it's taken a lot to have me buy Newsleecher as well. I will probably still use them both, but I think i will favor Newsleecher once a few more of the bugs get worked out and possibly the above features are added. Once again, the Message ID import feature is amazing and saves lots and LOTS Of time downloading headers and searching for items that way...too cool!
tony9892l

Postby casey1650 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:37 pm

on the transfer queue page there is a drop down box labeled queue manager that has options to save and load queues
casey1650

Postby tony9892l » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:44 pm

Ok, thanks..at least now if I want to enable/disable servers, I can save my queue before deleting it and then just reload it. But I'd still like to be able to skip this step and just enable and disable servers "on the fly" when I am downloading.
tony9892l

Postby Gregoor » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:48 am

That on the fly thing works like you would like it to in beta 12, so just upgrade :)
Gregoor

Return to Technical Support