Can't exit

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
leikien

Can't exit

Post by leikien »

Just tried to close Newsleecher but it won't go away. It asked a question whether to do group cleanup or not, and I answered Cancel.
Now it's just sitting there, doing 0% CPU, 0% I/O and memory usage is not changing.

Clicking anywhere in the NL window will do nothing except a standard "ding!" sound.

Using NL 7.0 b7 on Windows 10.

Mibbler

Re: Can't exit

Post by Mibbler »

You should be able to close it with Task Manager. Either right-click the Start button (the Windows logo usually in the lower left corner) or press Ctrl-Alt-Del, then select Task Manager. Right-click on NewsLeecher.exe and select End task.

For me, NL never asks whether to do group cleanup, it just does it (maybe a different setting) but if it did I would always say yes.

Why are you still on 7.0 b7? 7.0 Final has been out since 2016 and there are several 8.0 betas available. If you subscribe to NL's SuperSearch service, the 8.0 betas deal with unscrambled posts much better than 7 does. But they also have some problems that 7 doesn't have and some unwanted changes, so it's good to have both installed in separate directories so that you can run either one. Both can use the same Data and Temp directories. You can only run one at a time, of course.
Del Mibbler