deleting from cache (application bug has occured)

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.

deleting from cache (application bug has occured)

Postby W0RMH0LE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm

v5.0 beta 11
windows 7 64 bit
upgrade
6 servers ssl
astraweb
microsoft security essentials

hello, i've been using newsleecher for quite some time now and never had much problems with it. love the new updated version where you can open up many different groups at once so easily.

well i just updated to the new beta version last night and ever since i've updated.. when i delete anything from cache i get the popup "application bug has occured" and it won't close i have to just leave it open for my entire session although it doesn't seem to effect my normal useage, ie, i can still browse and open and download.. it is extremely annoying.

it doesn't seem to allow me to generate a full bug report for some reason but here is what i have:

Bug Data1:
9jakla

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 007FFE4C in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 0000001C

when i open up newsleecher everything is fine untill i delte anything from cache.

i absolutely cannot start over with a fresh cache as i've been working with a few different groups that i've kept a cache of and the only way i can keep track of what i've already used is the stuff that's been deleted from the cache of my downloading group, if i was to somehow restore the cache to a clean start i would lose months and months of hard work.

hopefully this can be somehow fixed without wiping cache and starting over.
W0RMH0LE

Postby W0RMH0LE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 am

just an update:

it goes away after i hit "cleanup" which deactivates the active group in which i deleted articles from the cache and then close it.

comes back again after i delete another article in a group's cache.

only way i can close the box is to "cleanup" my active groups and then hit close and it closes.
W0RMH0LE

Postby Spiril » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:05 am

The bug has been fixed in this - still unofficial - release:

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl50012.ufc1.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.
Spiril
Site Admin

Postby W0RMH0LE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:31 pm

nice! thanks spiril.
should i wait for an official release? or is that perfectly fine to use.
W0RMH0LE

Postby Smudge » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 pm

You can use this version if you wish and in fact we would like you to try it just to make sure the bug is fixed on your side (Spiril can only do so much testing himself, especially when he is not having the same issue).

The fix should be in the next proper release but depending on the release times, it might be the following release.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.
Site Admin

Postby W0RMH0LE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:07 pm

alrighty, will do. thanks.
W0RMH0LE

Postby W0RMH0LE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:39 pm

tested it for a little bit and it works great.

thanks for the fix, nice to have that open space back where the box was hehe. :D
W0RMH0LE

Postby viruz2077 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 pm

same issue for me

Bug Data1:
c8asdj

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 00592AEE in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 0000000A

can't download from the link above
viruz2077

Bug Data1: c8asdj error

Postby croeso » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Been searching to see if anyone has fixed this or suggestion on how to fix.

I see someone said about hold the F12 button down and don`t load up the various files, letting them go to default settings.

Can I say this doesnt work for me, and it appears more are having the same problem.

Perhaps someone from Newsleecher support can suggest a fix, otherwise the next suggestion from a poster might be to stand like a tea pot when opening the file! That will be as much use as the F12 suggestion.

All suggestions gratefully received - Please,no tea pot ones!
croeso

Return to Bug Reports | Final Release Only