Return to Main NewsLeecher Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 11
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiril
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 11 Reply with quote

Beta Release : NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 11

Please use this thread to write about the above mentioned version of NewsLeecher.

Release Notes : http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=versionhistory

Last edited by Spiril on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
doppler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Serious bug crash easy repeat Reply with quote

Deleted by me

Last edited by doppler on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
doppler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted by me

Last edited by doppler on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
doppler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Not a bug, but a comment Reply with quote

Deleted by me

Last edited by doppler on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
shalom2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Can I close a tab? Reply with quote

Hello

I like the improvements - especially the bookmark history.

Just a few thoughts:

1) I don't use the Explorer or Repair & Extract Tabs, can these be closed? (I think in a previous version you could close unwanted tabs)

2) I'd still like a wider Super Search filter box - why can't it be dragged to the size I want (or at least double what it currently is?)

Can we also have an update on the Supersearch backend server upgrade, will this get us to 1150 days?

Many thanks

Steven from Chigwell, Essex
kublai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Search button rearrangement Reply with quote

The new placement of the search button in the supersearch tab is kind of awakard. Should be back on the right hand side.
shalom2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Search Reply with quote

Has the multiple tabbing gone from SuperSearch (Control T not working?)

(I solved the other query I had regarding closing tabs not needed)

Steven from Chigwell, Essex
kel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I close a tab? Reply with quote

shalom2005 wrote:

Can we also have an update on the Supersearch backend server upgrade, will this get us to 1150 days?

And some other questions:

Are there any plans to backfill the missing headers that seem to be occurring quite often especially for very active groups (ex a.b.boneless, a.b.multimedia, a.b.tv, a.b.hdtv, etc)?
Are there any plans to restore the missing search functions to local searching that still work on SuperSearch since the holes across various dates/times in SS means having local headers is still required for complete searches (or use of outside nzb sites)? RE: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105749&t=#105749

Are there any plans to fix the modal dialog that pops up when loading a group or doing group cleanups or preparing groups for browsing that puts that little window in front of all other windows? RE (not best name for the topic): http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105747

Currently at work so I can't test b11 until tonight, so if any of the above are fixed feel free to give me a swift 'Boot to the head' and let me know.
Rezinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the GUI changes (Been using NewsLeecher for many years....)

The latest beta (11) seems to have "reset" the fonts....There is now a lot of space between each row. All beta's up to this point have preserved my compact setting.

Is this a new setting? I compared all advance nerdy tweaks with another computer that has the last beta on it...and I can't figure out the setting that causes this (i think it's "row spacing"). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

Rez
JMark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Buggiest b to date Reply with quote

Multiple crashes when trying to delete headers (CTRL+Shift_DEL.) Was forced to go back to b10 within 10 min.s of use.

Worst build to date. but hey! We have a bunch of cute new features while not resolving the old bugs.

Keen!
bedub1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: How can I download beta v10? Reply with quote

I use every beta as soon as it's released. Beta V10 was a Release Candidate. Now it's gone through a major change. I don't like it. Wait for v6 for it, and release a good stable version now. Finish off what you have started please, before moving on with other major changes. When you fine tune what you have you end up with Windows XP. When you move on to the next thing you end up with Windows Vista.

Where can I download v5 beta 10?
_hellonearth_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: SuperSearch Reply with quote

Super Search options aren't saved, like watchdog and number of days to search.
carloX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queue tab - rightmouse click on header -> 'change download dl. folder' not working
carloX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popup-window 'a application bug has occured - please report...' every time after deleting headers in the articles-tab (headers marked-> shift+delete).
deleting worked. popup-window could not be closed. popping-up again and again and again.......
have to close nl.
carloX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

articles-tab: old headers don't change color anymore....just loose 'new' icon.

btw. i like this 'new' icon....nice new feature
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewsLeecher Forum Index -> New Beta Releases All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: