After pressing Connect to Disconnect, disable AutoHeader download till reconnect

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

After pressing Connect to Disconnect, disable AutoHeader download till reconnect

Postby kel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:34 pm

The topic pretty much says it all.
After pressing Connect to Disconnect, disable Auto-Header download till reconnect.

I've never used the AutoHeader download feature until 5.x due to the inability to grab all the headers from all my groups without a lifetime of babysitting.

5.x line finally allowed me to download all my headers from all my servers for all my groups since it's header downloading is much improved (still needs checking but doesn't need constant babysitting).

Once all the headers were downloaded I turned on AutoHeaders and leave NL running in the background most of the time to keep up.

Problem if I need to edit a server for one reason or another (ex change the password) then AutoHeaders is a problem. I press disconnect and many times before I can even begin to edit the server one of my many subscribed groups will begin to auto download header meaning I can no longer edit servers.

If I specifically press connect enough times to fully get my connections listed as "Offline" then auto header downloads should not occur.

I should not have to disable auto headers and disconnect just to be able to edit servers. Disconnect should be enough.
kel

Postby kel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

I forgot to point out another problem with this is that if one disconnects say because they have other things to do and temporarily need the bandwidth for those thing this kills that. After it automatically connects and starts downloading headers it will also resume downloading anything within the queue.

As I said, if I have made the effort to purposefully disconnect from the servers, the auto download of headers should be disabled until I choose to connect again.
kel

Return to Wishlist for Santa