activation key

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

activation key

Postby umfoefoe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:06 pm

I have been using newsleecher 3.7 final for a couple of months. (I subscribed online and an key was sent to me by email) I must say that I am very pleased with newsleecher, I have been leechin tons of binaries......but...as of today newsleecher prompts: key required: "This program requires a security key. If you have one, select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key, you will not be prompted again."
when I press OK the validation box shows. But its not the same as the four/line/box which showed up when I installed 3.7, instead its a single line registration asking for my registration name and key. When I enter my ID (provided by newsleecher) and key (also ...) i get an error `The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again.`

I filed this error on the support website but have not yet seen a response. can somebody help me out? is it an older version of newsleecher buggin me?

by the way, already un-installed and re-installed, but no luck.

greetings Mark
umfoefoe

Postby umfoefoe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:24 pm

problem solved

see: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4862

"If you see the old Name/Key 2 line registration box, try copying each of the 4 lines of your new key one at a time pasting into the Key field making it into a single 140 character string. For the Name field, just put anything in there. "

thanks anyway

Mark
umfoefoe

Return to Technical Support