Return to Main NewsLeecher Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

activation key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
umfoefoe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: activation key Reply with quote

I have been using newsleecher 3.7 final for a couple of months. (I subscribed online and an key was sent to me by email) I must say that I am very pleased with newsleecher, I have been leechin tons of binaries......but...as of today newsleecher prompts: key required: "This program requires a security key. If you have one, select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key, you will not be prompted again."
when I press OK the validation box shows. But its not the same as the four/line/box which showed up when I installed 3.7, instead its a single line registration asking for my registration name and key. When I enter my ID (provided by newsleecher) and key (also ...) i get an error `The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again.`

I filed this error on the support website but have not yet seen a response. can somebody help me out? is it an older version of newsleecher buggin me?

by the way, already un-installed and re-installed, but no luck.

greetings Mark
umfoefoe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem solved

see: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4862

"If you see the old Name/Key 2 line registration box, try copying each of the 4 lines of your new key one at a time pasting into the Key field making it into a single 140 character string. For the Name field, just put anything in there. "

thanks anyway

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewsLeecher Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: