Error: Unable to use the existing Repair'n'Extract Cache ...

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Error: Unable to use the existing Repair'n'Extract Cache ...

Postby slipmat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Resetting Cache.
Reason:
The Cache seems to be Corrupted. No big problem. Just carry on.
< I push ok >
Error:
Unable to load the existing Repair'n'Extract Sets. Resetting Sets.
Reason:
The Sets File Seems to be Corrupted.
< I push ok >
A application bug has occurred - Please report to author!
PLEASE DONT CHANGE DATA BELOW
-------------------------------------------
BUG ID: 39000
DATLN1: klskjaaa
DATLN2: List index out of bounds (0)
DATLN3:

Now, I have tried a full install then re-boot and full install. Still same error. I have tried running in administrator mode and under Windows XP SP2 mode and both at the same time, same issue.

Currently running Vista X64. I have Q9550 (Core Duo Quad 2.83 mhz), 2 x 2GB Ram DDR2 800, and harddrives, I dunno if my computer matters. I do have Service Pack 1 installed. All updates installed.

Please advise at your earliest!

Thank you,

Slipmat
slipmat

Postby slipmat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:17 pm

One more thing, also tried installing in another directory, same issue. It must be something in the registry somewhere?

Thanks,

slipmat
slipmat

Postby Smudge » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:30 am

Perhaps one of your configuration files is corrupt, usually the main setup.dat file. Try moving all of the .dat files out of the configuration data directory and run NL again. If there error goes away then it was one of those files. You could move a few of the files back in until you find the corrupt file.

You can find the location and explanation of each configuration file at http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6766

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove the configuration files.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.
Site Admin

Postby slipmat » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks,

That worked perfect.

-slipmat
slipmat

Postby Moneyaddyct » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm having the same problem. Where are the .dat files? I have no dat files listed in C:\program files/newsleecher, even if I show all files. Thanks!
Moneyaddyct

Postby Smudge » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:10 am

The link in my post above details the location of the configuration files.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.
Site Admin

Time to update

Postby Wisc Wolf Wisdom » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:32 am

A horrible crash causing this error has lead me here. *Some people actually search and read??? WOW!* I know.

Anyway, after finding this info, which was helpful, but could have included some of the new .dat files which actually happened to be what was causing my issue with the RnE acting up everytime I opened the program.

I've narrowed it down to zlCache.dat or zlSets.v02.dat which is the culprit. And in your link, while it has many details, it doesn't have any info on what those two are about. And I think an nlScheduler.dat doesn't show up either. And they may be more in the newer versions. While I don't really care, cause I just wanted to fix my problem, it may prove to be useful to someone else. Thought I'd bring that to light in case you wanted to add onto your list of the .dat functions. Or if not, totally understand. Maybe a hassle to keep that list updated. Been there, done that.

Smudge wrote:The link in my post above details the location of the configuration files.
If <B>you</B> didn't create the universe, I'm going to assume your not perfect either.
So, like me, <B>learn to deal with it!</B>
Wisc Wolf Wisdom

Postby GreenOnyx » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:36 pm

zlSets.v02.dat was definitely the problem for me. I closed NL, deleted that file, and reopened without issue.

I assume someone has reported this as a bug since this should obviously be cleaned up on error (as the error message suggests)?
GreenOnyx

Return to Technical Support