V8.0 Beta 4 - All NZBs imported to same folder

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
iNSPiRE

V8.0 Beta 4 - All NZBs imported to same folder

Post by iNSPiRE »

I think since Beta 3 or so this changed. It used to download each NZB to a subfolder of the NZB filename, but now they all get imported/downloaded to the same folder no matter what.
I can't tell if this is meant to work this way or not, but it makes virtually impossible to tell which rar files belong to which NZB since they all have weird names.

Thanks.

iNSPiRE

Re: V8.0 Beta 4 - All NZBs imported to same folder

Post by iNSPiRE »

I realise after reading this that I wasn't particularly clear: can this please revert back to the previous method of downloading nzb's to folders named the same as the NZB file?

noblemd

Post by noblemd »

iNSPiRE wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:23 am
I think since Beta 3 or so this changed. It used to download each NZB to a subfolder of the NZB filename, but now they all get imported/downloaded to the same folder no matter what.
I can't tell if this is meant to work this way or not, but it makes virtually impossible to tell which rar files belong to which NZB since they all have weird names.

Thanks.
Don't really understand why you need to download NZBs to separate folders. NZBs are single (small size) files - no need to be in separate folders - this would constitute a major operational disruption for me.

OR, are you actually referring to Downloading and Unpacking the files an NZB points to and not the NZB itself?

If that is what you are referring to then simply check the Unpack to Subfolder in FOLDER Settings and all your downloads will UNPACK to a subfolder.
20020500.png
20020500.png (9.26 KiB) Viewed 6694 times
Windows 10 v.2004
Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.0 GHz)
DeepCool Captain 240 RGB V2, AIO Liquid CPU Cooler (Max Temp 75°C 100% load)
NL download drive: M2 2280 500 GB NVME SSD (2.5 GB/s r/w)
Synology NAS #1: 32 TB RAID 5 (5 x 8 TB Drives)
Synology NAS #2: 18 TB RAID 5 (4 x 6 TB Drives)
500 Mb/s Internet Connection (NL Avg D/L speed 55 MB/s)

blombo

Post by blombo »

I think what may be being referred to is that in previous versions, you can have each download in a separate folder that is the based on the name i.e. as per viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25606, TAG Identifier : <Subject>. The beauty of that is, if something doesn't extract, you're not left with a mess in your download folder. The <Subject> tag doesn't seem to work any more though.

iNSPiRE

Post by iNSPiRE »

Apologies for the late reply.
@noblemd Yeah, I meant the files the NZB points to should and used to be downloaded to a subfolder of the name of the NZB file itself.
@blombo Yes, that's correct. I searched the forum high and low and didn't really find the exact same issue reported, but yeah my download folder is an absolute mess and things aren't extracted. I didn't know about the tags I could use so thank you for that (examples should be given within the Newsleecher settings imo), but I'm gonna give that <Subject> tag a try in any case.

Thank you.

/edit
I can confirm that the <subject> tag doesn't work unfortunately. :(

mrmaker

Post by mrmaker »

The same here, my download folder is one mess because every file from every nzb is downloaded into the same folder.
In older versions there was an option to download every nzb file into it's own folder.

I contacted newsleecher about this issue a few weeks ago, they told me they would get back to me but they didn't.
After 2 weeks I emailed them again if they already knew a solution I got almost an instant reply back saying my second email went into their spam folder but they would get back to me, after 2 weeks still no reply :? ....

Hopefully beta 5 will have the option back and hopefully the newsleecher support will be much more improved :|

iNSPiRE

Post by iNSPiRE »

I don't understand why this option was stripped from Beta 3 or 4 (lost track) and I'd gladly rollback to Beta 2 but I don't have that version anymore.
I hope they reintroduce this again. It's an absolute pain sorting out all my downloads atm.

mrmaker

Post by mrmaker »

It is really annoying thankfully I got beta 2 still on my computer, I have uploaded beta2 for you.

https://easyupload.io/qb68f6

iNSPiRE

Post by iNSPiRE »

mrmaker wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:04 am
It is really annoying thankfully I got beta 2 still on my computer, I have uploaded beta2 for you.

https://easyupload.io/qb68f6
Dude, you're a lifesaver! =D> Thank you.
Now hopefully they'll fix this in a future version, and even remove the ".nzb" from the name of the folder created.

bahamut

Post by bahamut »

I don't remember on what message I saw this posted but they recommended using the <NAME> tag. That seems to work for me.

iNSPiRE wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:59 am
Apologies for the late reply.
@noblemd Yeah, I meant the files the NZB points to should and used to be downloaded to a subfolder of the name of the NZB file itself.
@blombo Yes, that's correct. I searched the forum high and low and didn't really find the exact same issue reported, but yeah my download folder is an absolute mess and things aren't extracted. I didn't know about the tags I could use so thank you for that (examples should be given within the Newsleecher settings imo), but I'm gonna give that <Subject> tag a try in any case.

Thank you.

/edit
I can confirm that the <subject> tag doesn't work unfortunately. :(