Return to Main NewsLeecher Website
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SuperSearch still stalled in 1050 days retention (2011, july)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewsLeecher Forum Index -> SuperSearch Search Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubens58

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: SuperSearch still stalled in 1050 days retention (2011, july) Reply with quote

While the news servers continue to increase retention beyond 1050 days on a daily basis, the SuperSearch service remains stalled in 1050 days for months. When will there be an update to fix this limitation?

[ ] Rubens
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
lordazoroth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: SuperSearch still stalled in 1050 days retention (2011, july) Reply with quote

Rubens58 wrote:
While the news servers continue to increase retention beyond 1050 days on a daily basis, the SuperSearch service remains stalled in 1050 days for months. When will there be an update to fix this limitation?

[ ] Rubens
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Giganews is currently up to 1087 binary retention, and yet the latest version of newsleecher beta is still capped at 1050 (downloaded today on a different pc).
bbarker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today, GigaNews is retaining 1115 day and AstraWeb has 1104, but SuperSearch only has 1050. Is this going to get upgraded?
Rubens58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbarker wrote:
As of today, GigaNews is retaining 1115 day and AstraWeb has 1104, but SuperSearch only has 1050. Is this going to get upgraded?

It seems the SuperSearch service is abandoned in the last weeks and no one answers for it at the moment...

[ ] Rubens
lordazoroth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubens58 wrote:
bbarker wrote:

It seems the SuperSearch service is abandoned in the last weeks and no one answers for it at the moment...

[ ] Rubens

That would be fail, I'd hate to have to learn something new. Newsleecher is alright for the most part, but it feels like their supersearch server is down here and there surprisingly often, and sometimes (like now) they'll go through long periods of what feels like mismanagement. I remember about 2 years ago there was a good 3-4 month period where I was manually subscribing to newsgroups cuz the newsleecher supersearch feature was sending back incomplete results. I still paid for those months and stuck it out with them, even after complaining.

I really do hope they get on their game. It's sad when companies like Giganews can successfully store practically all uploaded binary data for over 1000 days, yet a service like newsleecher fails to simply index that data properly. Search results are falling short a full 68 days now. That's over 2 months!!! O.O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewsLeecher Forum Index -> SuperSearch Search Service All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: