8.0 Beta 4: Filenames end with space, then dot extension?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
nurbles

8.0 Beta 4: Filenames end with space, then dot extension?

Post by nurbles »

The de-obfusticator seems to be adding a trailing space to the filenames, resulting in things like:

Code: Select all

long.movie.file.name .mkv
This isn't a huge problem, since I need to rename everything anyway, but it just seems odd. Is there some logic/reason why this is being done or is it just a mistake?

Seeker04

Re: 8.0 Beta 4: Filenames end with space, then dot extension?

Post by Seeker04 »

nurbles wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:30 am
The de-obfusticator seems to be adding a trailing space to the filenames, resulting in things like:

Code: Select all

long.movie.file.name .mkv
This isn't a huge problem, since I need to rename everything anyway, but it just seems odd. Is there some logic/reason why this is being done or is it just a mistake?
I get the same thing as well and was going to bring this up in the forum as well. This is still present in V8 Beta5 UFR2.

nurbles

Re: 8.0 Beta 4: Filenames end with space, then dot extension?

Post by nurbles »

This still happens with MOST, but not ALL files. I'm wondering if this could be on the search end of things, in the de-obfusticated name that is passed to NL?

I'm also wondering if anyone cares or if everyone is either happy with or just resigned to having most file extensions begin with SPACE DOT instead of just DOT.