Soo Many CRC errors (?)

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Tempus

Soo Many CRC errors (?)

Post by Tempus »

Hey all, long time user here just getting very frustrated lately.

Everything I try to download and I mean everything (from supersearch and individual groups if it matters) is returning log messages about checksum errors...

Different groups, different posters it doesn't matter. Now this is mostly music and I of course understand about repair files and such been using this for years. Problem is when every post has every single track kicking out crc checksum errors there is never enough par files to repair everything.

Like I said years of using NL and dealing with incomplete posts is normal usage but I have Never seen it like this where Everything is messed up or is at least being reported as messed up/incomplete.

Am I doing something wrong? Has the process changed? I highlight what I want and tell NL where to put it and everything proceeds as normal but I can't get anything to dl without a full screen of red text log like the following:

4:45:35 PM ¤ Download Warning: yEnc encoded part (#68) is missing a CRC checksum value. Ignoring missing value and moving along, but the article *might* contain errors...

I cut out the middle part because it doesn't matter what I choose, everything returns more or less the same error messages.

Really even stranger is even after trying to repair, tracks still marked red as in unable to repair/not enough parts seen to be fine ??? Not a NL problem but just strange...

Hope I explained this well enough. Point is after years of working like clockwork, I can't seem to get anything without scrolling through endless CRC checksum value messages and I am not sure if I'm just wasting my time dl'ing stuff.

Any help is appreciated. NewsLeecher (Final 7.0 version) - Service is through Giganews

Tempus