NewsLeecher Pauses while Downloading

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Disco

Confirmed...

Post by Disco »

remco66 wrote:Hi

well i had the same prob

but i solved mine within seconds

go to.....Tools....Settings.....Download....at the bottom you see ..pause if disk gets below....set it to 0...apply....close newsleecher...restart...problem gone!

i use
4.0 final and win 7

lots of luck!
Hi,
I can confirm that this has stopped the stuttering / pausing when downloading.

So thanks to remco66 for the fix!!!

Maybe the newsleecher team might want to have this setting disabled by default???

All the best
Disco

yeseye

Post by yeseye »

hello i have been using newsleecher for years with no probs, but now running win 7 and am having freezing/crashing problems with any version i install. I have tried the fix in one of the posts but still no luck. can anyone help as i might have to stop subscription and try another prog if no solution is found. plz help.

SimonleBonbon

Post by SimonleBonbon »

I'm using NL 5.0 B1 on Win 7, before that I used several 4.0 beta's and final. No problems with any version.

However, I use Win7 32-bit, and I have read that a few applications have compatibility issues with the 64-bit version of this OS.

I don't know if it is possible, but have you tried running Newsleecher in compatibility mode?
Or tried to run it as administrator?

Swiper

Post by Swiper »

Used it flawlessly for longest time using Windows XP and Windows 7 (32-bit)

Problem just started for me when I went to 64 bit Windows 7
is there a 64bit version coming soon ?

bartvl1979

Post by bartvl1979 »

I second that, it would be great to see a 64bit version, I have a quad core CPU with 12GB Ram, SSD as boot disk and 6GB Sata interface disks of 2TB (7200rpm) and I'm still getting the "pausing" problem...it's annoying. I'm on a 100Mbit connection, and use the 2TB disk on 6GB Sata interface for downloads only.

Dkstyle

Post by Dkstyle »

Swiper wrote:Used it flawlessly for longest time using Windows XP and Windows 7 (32-bit)

Problem just started for me when I went to 64 bit Windows 7
is there a 64bit version coming soon ?
Same here.. just updated to Win 7 64 bit, and I have had nothing than problems with newsleecher now. It hangs/stalls all the time, and download of .par2 files gets put on pause every single time..

Its really anoying, so hopefully there will be a working version for Win 64 bit REAL soon, or I will need to switch software.

excoelis

Post by excoelis »

remco66 wrote:Hi

well i had the same prob

but i solved mine within seconds

go to.....Tools....Settings.....Download....at the bottom you see ..pause if disk gets below....set it to 0...apply....close newsleecher...restart...problem gone!

i use
4.0 final and win 7

lots of luck!
I did this and it continues to pause!!!!!

excoelis

Post by excoelis »

Ok I have done all the researching here that I can and this is really starting to annoy me. Newsleecher needs to find a solution to this!!!!!

excoelis

Post by excoelis »

a.
Q - What version of NewsLeecher have you tested with?
A - All of them V 4.0 and below as well the beta versions.

b.
Q - How fast is your internet connection?
A - 100 Mbps

c.
Q - Which disks have you tested this problem with?
A - Not sure what this question means but I have 8 of them all Western Digital 5 of which are Internal and 3 that are External. The 5 internal are 7500 RPM. Plus this never happened until I uninstalled Newsleecher and reinstalled it, it worked perfect before with these drives.

d.
Q - Do you see the message all the time whe downloading with NewsLeecher, or only during specific downloads?
A - Happens all downloads pauses on every one and I ahve to restart the download manually.

e.
If there is any relevant debug information in the NewsLeecher log (remember to use the latest NewsLeecher beta or forum test release while testing for this issue), make a copy / paste of it, and send to 'Spiril' in a PM forum message.
A - I get no messages it just stops.

Meeko

Post by Meeko »

I get this issue now and agin, nothing too serious. It usually happens when I'm using the pc for other things at the same time as downloading, so never a real issue.

For the past 2 days it's been happening constantly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Newsleecher using stable and beta versions, but it didn't make any difference. I even reinstalled windows (it was due a reinstall anyway), but it still hapened. I eventually installed it on another PC and had the same thing. I eventually it turned out to be down to the nzb I was downloading. I've tried different nzb's and it's fine, but this one specific download causes the issue.

I can give the details of the download to an admin if it will help solve future issues, just email or PM me. :)

excoelis

Post by excoelis »

I wished mine was that easy, I have downloaded 60 GB the last week and it happens with every download.

Dysan911

Post by Dysan911 »

This is horrible. Mine is pausing like every second. It shows little bursts and then pause. then another little burst and pause.

Is there any good alternatives to Newsleecher out there? I might have to temporarily switch until this is fixed. My internet speed is capable of 25+mb sustained but it can't even climb past 6mb without having to pause.

Dysan911

Post by Dysan911 »

FWIW. I switched back to 3.9 and everything is working like it should!. NO Pauses!

I was using 5.x and my reaming time on a download went from 7mins to 35mins due to the constant pauses. Screw that!

:twisted:

excoelis

Post by excoelis »

Well it appears Newsleecher has no interest in solving this. Might be time to quit using it after 3 years and move on to another.

jojonono1973

pausing while downloading

Post by jojonono1973 »

I went back to version 3.9 and now the problem is solved. Guess that from version 4.0 this problem exists and for some (like me) is not solvable.

so this program is getting worse every time....