Multiple Supersearch tabs

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Rich5150

Multiple Supersearch tabs

Post by Rich5150 »

A few beta versions ago, NL had the capability to have multiple supersearch tabs open and searching at the same time. :D

I'm using v5 beta 15 and just noticed that that function is no longer available. :cry:

What happened & is it coming back in a future release?

Thanks...

-Rich

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

If I understand you correctly, every feature is still there, the only differnece is that the "tabs" are on the LHS pane. You can still run multiple searches at once and they all still remember the results.
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

gfdesignlv

Post by gfdesignlv »

No, the behavior is different. When you run one of your Recent Searches (that's what those on the LHS are called) it has to run the search again, just as if you typed it in a second time.

The tabs in the earlier version (which I also remember, and miss) would keep the results on the screen, exactly as you had them, and let you move to another 'window' where you could start another search, or have another search that you'd done prior, etc.

The best part for me was that I could leave a search open that I had results I wanted to review, open another tab, and be able to do further searching with multiple terms and attempts to locate data, without worrying that the first search would be pushed off the Recent Searches list.

Recent Searches are a nice touch, but they shouldn't replace the old tab system. Rather, they would enhance it, as you could open another tab and run that search (or a saved search) in that new tab.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

gfdesignlv wrote:No, the behavior is different. When you run one of your Recent Searches (that's what those on the LHS are called) it has to run the search again, just as if you typed it in a second time.
This is not what is happening for me, it has remembered the results from last time (even if NL has been off since).

Only if you double click, does it re-search.
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.